Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath vs. Johnson Central predictions

CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins! 223 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins!

    • CovCath
      36%
      82
    • Johnson Central
      63%
      141

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think the NKY crowd will get a dose of how good mountian football is...your tough schedule will mean nothing Friday night. We are just tired of hearing how great NKY is. The gap between the mountains and the rest of the state is closing every year and this may be the year the gap closes. We have kids who can play with you. I am sure the JC coaches pregame speech will be that CC has no respect for for them and remind them of 06.
I'm not a CCH fan; but I can tell you how wrong you are. People in NKY don't disrespect mountain teams at all. However, the fact that you're from the mountains does not give your team any special advantage in toughness, in heart, or in effort. You may get tired of hearing that NKY has success in football; but that isn't the fault of anyone in NKY. It's just the truth.
  • Replies 216
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a CCH fan; but I can tell you how wrong you are. People in NKY don't disrespect mountain teams at all. However, the fact that you're from the mountains does not give your team any special advantage in toughness, in heart, or in effort. You may get tired of hearing that NKY has success in football; but that isn't the fault of anyone in NKY. It's just the truth.

 

I will make one more comment on here and let the teams decide Friday night. I guess what we are tired of hearing is how much farther ahead NKY football is than us and how we do not play anyone and how one dimensional we are. I will say this one more time

 

1) The reasons people have scored points on us is our JV has played most of the second half and other teams have left thier first team in.

 

2) We do have a passing game and to think we do not will be a mistake. Ian Welch is as good a reciever as there is in the state. Dillion is not fancy, but can through the ball good enough.

 

3) We did not play a bunch of easy teams either, I will not get inot that, just look at the schedule.

 

4) CC can not show us anymore of a running game than Belfry did and CC does not have as good a balanced attack as Bryan Station and we beat them. (Just ask Highlands about BS)

 

We both love our teams and I admire you for that. The team that brings thier "A" game will win this one and it will be won on the field, not here debating which area is better.

I will make one more comment on here and let the teams decide Friday night. I guess what we are tired of hearing is how much farther ahead NKY football is than us

 

A - not sure anyone said that in the thread

 

B - if they did say it, they would be supported by voluminous quantities of historical data (state championships, head-to-head records, preponderance of blowout games, etc.)

 

That said, all of that historical data did not help HHS in the single snapshot of time that was the game against Rockcastle County a few years ago when the running clock was turned against HHS. There are always "outliers" in the data which is why they play the games. If "mountain football" (whatever definition you give to it) is truly closing the gap, over time those "outliers" will start to become the pattern. Until then, data suggests that NKY football is stronger than "mountain football."

You can't even begin to compare this years Cov Cath team to the 06 team. Totally different scheme, strengths and weaknesses. If the JC team is close to their 06 team it could be a long night for the Cov Cath faithful. I have not seen JC play, but from what I have heard I think the JC strengths unfortunately go against the Cov Cath weaknesses.

A - not sure anyone said that in the thread

 

B - if they did say it, they would be supported by voluminous quantities of historical data (state championships, head-to-head records, preponderance of blowout games, etc.)

 

That said, all of that historical data did not help HHS in the single snapshot of time that was the game against Rockcastle County a few years ago when the running clock was turned against HHS. There are always "outliers" in the data which is why they play the games. If "mountain football" (whatever definition you give to it) is truly closing the gap, over time those "outliers" will start to become the pattern. Until then, data suggests that NKY football is stronger than "mountain football."

 

Take all your records and data and 25 cents and you can not buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds when you come down. Past records do not win ball games, they reassure insecure people.

 

I respect what NKy has done and have nothing to repect for CC. Just have the same for us.

 

Come on down, one thing "holler fans" can do is host a ball game. The drive will be worth it!

Take all your records and data and 25 cents and you can not buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds when you come down. Past records do not win ball games, they reassure insecure people.

 

I respect what NKy has done and have nothing to repect for CC. Just have the same for us.

 

Come on down, one thing "holler fans" can do is host a ball game. The drive will be worth it!

 

You seem to be making something out of something that is not true. No NKY poster has used the term "Mountain football" or "holler kids/fans". Those are terms you have used. Everyone I have talked to in the last couple of years has always mentioned Johnson Central as one of the top programs in the state.

I can assure you that CCH has all the respect in the world for JC. They remember 2 years ago when they came to your place and had to play their tails off for a victory. If not for an injury or two, CCH may have lost that game.

CCH is the underdog in this game! CCH knows that! They also know that they can pull this off. It will not be easy, but it can be done. Upsets happen.:walk:

A. I guess what we are tired of hearing is how much farther ahead NKY football is than us and how we do not play anyone and how one dimensional we are. I will say this one more time

 

B. We both love our teams and I admire you for that.

A. Maybe the truth hurts a little.

 

B. Cov Cath is a lot of things; but "my team" is not among them. :lol:

Sorry, but I disagree with your last paragraph. Smash mouth football has worked for a 5A team in NKY.;)

Highlands is hardly smash mouth. They sure run a lot, but speed-based.

I love this match up. Central in a close one.

Not sure what you mean by this? The CovCath fans somehow bother you?

 

If I said no I'd be lying.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Is there much of a chance that one team blows out the other on Friday night? By blow out, I mean win by 4 or more TDs.

I don't think anyone has said mountain football isn't good. I believe everyone with a sensible mind knows that JC is a good team and their record speaks for itself. But what a lot are trying to say is they won't win a state title by just running the ball. In order for JC to win against either Covcath this week or Highlands next week, they are going to have to start passing the ball. Johnson Central will be nothing that Covcath hasn't already seen this year. On the other hand though, I don't think JC has seen a team who matches up with them and can be as physical with them as CCH will be.

 

Woodford tried to come out and play smash mouth football and they quickly realized it wasn't going to work. Covcath is too big up front.

 

I havent said much about this game but I want to point out 2 things. First is, no knock on CCH, but I can just about guarantee CCH wont be a physical as Belfry. Anyone who has or will see Belfry this season I believe will agree with me. Size doesnt equal physicality. Second is, Woodford is far from a smashmouth team. The only and I mean only type of rushing threat that they had was Duckworth getting loose on a pass. They have neither the rushing threat nor the line that JC has.

 

I believe that this will be a good game. I believe JC will win but I think that it will be within a 2 TD margin. Cov. Cath is a good team that has played a brutal schedule, but I believe this team of JC is better than that 06' team and has a much better line and much more depth in the backfield. I am also anxious to see how Cov. Cath game plans around Welch in the secondary. All the teams that JC has played with passing games have stayed away from him. Thats why his numbers arent what they havent been in the past. And that team that the Highlands folks like to talk about, Bryan Station, had a true freshman in the secondary take back and INT for a TD and a Kick Return. JC has speed people.

I havent said much about this game but I want to point out 2 things. First is, no knock on CCH, but I can just about guarantee CCH wont be a physical as Belfry. Anyone who has or will see Belfry this season I believe will agree with me. Size doesnt equal physicality. Second is, Woodford is far from a smashmouth team. The only and I mean only type of rushing threat that they had was Duckworth getting loose on a pass. They have neither the rushing threat nor the line that JC has.

 

I believe that this will be a good game. I believe JC will win but I think that it will be within a 2 TD margin. Cov. Cath is a good team that has played a brutal schedule, but I believe this team of JC is better than that 06' team and has a much better line and much more depth in the backfield. I am also anxious to see how Cov. Cath game plans around Welch in the secondary. All the teams that JC has played with passing games have stayed away from him. Thats why his numbers arent what they havent been in the past. And that team that the Highlands folks like to talk about, Bryan Station, had a true freshman in the secondary take back and INT for a TD and a Kick Return. JC has speed people.

 

Finally a JC fan on here! I think the NKY folks are in for a surprise if they think JC is a slow, one dimensional team.

Finally a JC fan on here! I think the NKY folks are in for a surprise if they think JC is a slow, one dimensional team.

 

Who said they were slow?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.