Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath vs. Johnson Central predictions

CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins! 223 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins!

    • CovCath
      36%
      82
    • Johnson Central
      63%
      141

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Sorry Marine, but I have to agree with other posters. From what I've seen of JC, it won't be their passing game that hurts CovCath. CovCath has a lot of experience defending the pass this season against some very, very good passing teams. It will be JC's running game that hurts CovCath. If CovCath can't stop it without having 11 in the box, it will be a close game. If they have to put 11 in the box, then and only then will JC be able to pass against CovCath.

 

I agree. Covcath is a more balanced team than JC and it will give JC fits all night. Defensively if the Colonels shut down the run, I really don't see JC being able to pass against them. Woodford tried and it turned in to a rout.

 

JC's only hope of winning is to get up early so they can keep pounding the ball and keep the CCH offense off the field. I personally don't think they have the defense to stop the Colonels.

  • Replies 216
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Covcath is a more balanced team than JC and it will give JC fits all night. Defensively if the Colonels shut down the run, I really don't see JC being able to pass against them. Woodford tried and it turned in to a rout.

 

JC's only hope of winning is to get up early so they can keep pounding the ball and keep the CCH offense off the field. I personally don't think they have the defense to stop the Colonels.

 

The way I see the game is CC will have to stop three strong running backs behind a great line. JC also has a first team all state candiate at reciever and a QB that is not fancy, but can get the ball there. On offense, CC will have to run on a very strong 8 man defense and if they pass JC has three outstanding DBs with again a first team all state safety candidate who is second in the state in interceptions all time. Sounds like a big order to me.

 

I know alot of guys who post here do not think much of football south of Lexington, but what you wil learn is our "holler kids" are tough and have hearts as big as the mountins. The one that generally wins a football game is the one that will hit the hardest and I will put up our "holler kids" anytime.

Edited by Ram
Rule 8

  • Author
The way I see the game is CC will have to stop three strong running backs behind a great line. JC also has a first team all state candiate at reciever and a QB that is not fancy, but can get the ball there. On offense, CC will have to run on a very strong 8 man defense and if they pass JC has three outstanding DBs with again a first team all state safety candidate who is second in the state in interceptions all time. Sounds like a big order to me.

 

I know alot of guys who post here do not think much of football south of Lexington, but what you wil learn is our "holler kids" are tough and have hearts as big as the mountins. The one that generally wins a football game is the one that will hit the hardest and I will put up our "holler kids" anytime.

 

In 06 those CovCath kids from up north beat JC at there own game on their field and out hit your "holler kids'.....

 

This year it all depends on which CovCath team shows up! If the one that beat Newport Catholic shows up CovCath will win but if the team that showed up against HHS comes to the "Holler" they will get their butts handed to them by JC...

The way I see the game is CC will have to stop three strong running backs behind a great line. JC also has a first team all state candiate at reciever and a QB that is not fancy, but can get the ball there. On offense, CC will have to run on a very strong 8 man defense and if they pass JC has three outstanding DBs with again a first team all state safety candidate who is second in the state in interceptions all time. Sounds like a big order to me.

 

I know alot of guys who post here do not think much of football south of Lexington, but what you wil learn is our "holler kids" are tough and have hearts as big as the mountins. They will knock your ... on the ground. The one that generally wins a football game is the one that will hit the hardest and I will put up our "holler kids" anytime.

 

For having such a good defense, they sure do give up a lot of points. It will be tough for JC to stop Covcath. They aren't exactly a small team and will line up and punch you in the mouth. Their line is fairly big with their smallest lineman being around 6'2 250 and biggest being 6'7 285. They have a big Qb in Isler (6'4 220) who passed for over 1300 yards last year as a junior and was the leading passer in NKY before going down with an injury this year. He has a very strong arm (clocked in the high 80's, low 90's pitching over the summer) and big receivers so I don't think passing should be a problem for Covcath. It's running the ball where they might struggle. I have a feeling JC will get a heavy dose of play action this week to suck the LB's up and Isler will have a field day, if the coach is smart and uses him.

 

Also smash mouth football doesn't always work and wouldn't work up here in nky for JC. The most successful teams are those that present a balanced offensive attack which JC obviously hasn't shown this year.

In 06 those CovCath kids from up north beat JC at there own game on their field and out hit your "holler kids'.....

 

This year it all depends on which CovCath team shows up! If the one that beat Newport Catholic shows up CovCath will win but if the team that showed up against HHS comes to the "Holler" they will get their butts handed to them by JC...

Don't you just love the "holler" metaphor? It's the first sign that we're getting deep into the playoff season. :lol:
Don't you just love the "holler" metaphor? It's the first sign that we're getting deep into the playoff season. :lol:

 

:lol::thumb:

I think JC will win, but it won't be a blowout.

 

JC 28

CCH 21

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll root for CCH this week. But only because if CCH and Highlands win this week, then I don't have to drive 3 1/2 hrs to get to the game.:D

For having such a good defense, they sure do give up a lot of points. It will be tough for JC to stop Covcath. They aren't exactly a small team and will line up and punch you in the mouth. Their line is fairly big with their smallest lineman being around 6'2 250 and biggest being 6'7 285. They have a big Qb in Isler (6'4 220) who passed for over 1300 yards last year as a junior and was the leading passer in NKY before going down with an injury this year. He has a very strong arm (clocked in the high 80's, low 90's pitching over the summer) and big receivers so I don't think passing should be a problem for Covcath. It's running the ball where they might struggle. I have a feeling JC will get a heavy dose of play action this week to suck the LB's up and Isler will have a field day, if the coach is smart and uses him.

 

Also smash mouth football doesn't always work and wouldn't work up here in nky for JC. The most successful teams are those that present a balanced offensive attack which JC obviously hasn't shown this year.

 

Sorry, but I disagree with your last paragraph. Smash mouth football has worked for a 5A team in NKY.;)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll root for CCH this week. But only because if CCH and Highlands win this week, then I don't have to drive 3 1/2 hrs to get to the game.:D

 

You and I both!!

Sorry, but I disagree with your last paragraph. Smash mouth football has worked for a 5A team in NKY.;)

 

But that team is also a very balanced one and can pass as well. :thumb:

Don't you just love the "holler" metaphor? It's the first sign that we're getting deep into the playoff season. :lol:

 

Guys it seems we agree to disagree but I think the NKY crowd will get a dose of how good mountian football is. All I am saying is as good and as big as you say you are and your tough schedule will mean nothing Friday night. We are just tired of hearing how great NKY is. The gap between the mountains and the rest of the state is closing every year and this may be the year the gap closes. We have kids who can play with you. I am sure the JC coaches pregame speech will be that CC has no respect for for them and remind them of 06.

 

Come on down and have a great time, it will be a whale of a game!

But that team is also a very balanced one and can pass as well. :thumb:

 

2007;)

Guys it seems we agree to disagree but I think the NKY crowd will get a dose of how good mountian football is. All I am saying is as good and as big as you say you are and your tough schedule will mean nothing Friday night. We are just tired of hearing how great NKY is. The gap between the mountains and the rest of the state is closing every year and this may be the year the gap closes. We have kids who can play with you. I am sure the JC coaches pregame speech will be that CC has no respect for for them and remind them of 06.

 

Come on down and have a great time, it will be a whale of a game!

 

I don't think anyone has said mountain football isn't good. I believe everyone with a sensible mind knows that JC is a good team and their record speaks for itself. But what a lot are trying to say is they won't win a state title by just running the ball. In order for JC to win against either Covcath this week or Highlands next week, they are going to have to start passing the ball. Johnson Central will be nothing that Covcath hasn't already seen this year. On the other hand though, I don't think JC has seen a team who matches up with them and can be as physical with them as CCH will be.

 

Woodford tried to come out and play smash mouth football and they quickly realized it wasn't going to work. Covcath is too big up front.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.