Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath vs. Johnson Central predictions

CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins! 223 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins!

    • CovCath
      36%
      82
    • Johnson Central
      63%
      141

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Cov Cath really seemed to be clicking today with the return of QB Zach Isler. They're getting players healthy again and appear to be putting it all together just in time.

  • Replies 216
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably has to do with the schedules that the two teams have played. JC has played no one, at least compared to CCH. It should be a fun one. How far is JC from Lexington?

 

'Bout an hour and 40 minutes, depending on Mountain Parkway traffic.

 

And CCH in a bad season would likely still be a Mountain Top Five team. It is true Woodford County pretty much packed it up and mailed in the last three weeks or so of their season. My hope is the Eagles can dominate the line of scrimmage enough to keep the CCH offense off the field. This will require turnovers, specifically fumbles, to be kept to a minimum, and throwing of the football will need to be much more efficient than in the Belfry game.

I have seen both squads play this year...

 

I am going with the Blue men from Park Hills. I saw JC pass the ball twice in the game that I saw against Montg. County. Both attempts fell incomplete. (If I was the defensive co-ordinator at Cov Cath - I would go with 11 in the box.) JC's kicking game and special teams do not match that of Cov Cath.

 

Some fine athletes on both teams... I just see Cov Cath pulling away fast and continuously in this contest.

This one is tough to pick.

 

Common opponents:

JC beat Woodford Co 54-33

CCH beat Woodford Co 42-13.

JC beat Holmes 54-13

CCH beat Holmes 42-0

 

I think JC's offense might be a little better than Covcath's, but I'm not too sure that JC will be able to stop the Colonel O. With Isler back under center, CCH should be able to pass more efficiently than in prior weeks where Erpenbeck and Young started.

 

I'm going to go with the Colonels in a close one to set up a rematch with the Birds.

 

Covcath 35

Johnson Central 28

This one is tough to pick.

 

Common opponents:

JC beat Woodford Co 54-33

CCH beat Woodford Co 42-13.

JC beat Holmes 54-13

CCH beat Holmes 42-0

 

I think JC's offense might be a little better than Covcath's, but I'm not too sure that JC will be able to stop the Colonel O. With Isler back under center, CCH should be able to pass more efficiently than in prior weeks where Erpenbeck and Young started.

 

I'm going to go with the Colonels in a close one to set up a rematch with the Birds.

 

Covcath 35

Johnson Central 28

 

Looks like these too match up pretty closely. I would have to agree with another poster that said JC's lack of a passing game may prove to be the difference in the game.

Cov Cath will beat JC in this one. I believe JC don't have enough balance in the offense to beat Cov Cath.

 

Cov Cath 35

JC 14

JC will win this game and silence the critics. JC's running game and time management will make the difference. I think our atheltes and passing game will fool some people Mountian teams will show the rest of the state that we can play with the big dogs this year. We respect our opponents and let our players prove how good they are on the field, not in these forums.

 

These posts will make some great wall paper for the JC dressing room! Keep up all the great comments of how weak and one dimensional we are and how weak mountin football is. We love it!

I'll take JC 38-23

 

JC brings it week in and week out and is extremely resilient. Expect a very hard hitting game that will be lopsided but will seem a little closer with CCH scoring a late TD.

  • Author

If you are new to BGP's and were wondering about the "Johnsonville" comments, click on the below link to read the thread/story from 2006... It was an outstanding week of threads on BGP's....

 

Link

JC will win this game and silence the critics. JC's running game and time management will make the difference. I think our atheltes and passing game will fool some people Mountian teams will show the rest of the state that we can play with the big dogs this year. We respect our opponents and let our players prove how good they are on the field, not in these forums.

 

These posts will make some great wall paper for the JC dressing room! Keep up all the great comments of how weak and one dimensional we are and how weak mountin football is. We love it!

 

No need to get testy about lack of respect, ect. I am positive that CCH respects JC and the type of football they play. No CCH fan has posted anything about JC being weak or one dimensional.

Two words of caution for JC fans. One, CovCath probably played the toughest schedule of any 5A team in the state with several opponents being ranked in the USA Today's national poll. So do not go by CCH's average record as an indication of their quality. They are battle tested with experience against some of the best teams in the nation, not just KY. Two, CCH has been hurt bad by injuries all season but they are now as healthy as they have been all season. Round 2 of the playoffs will bring us some nice competitive games to watch and this one is right at the top of the list.

Johnson Central rushed for 684 yards against Woodford County at a time when that game was rated as a toss-up (before the Yellowjackets' late season slump). Johnson Central beat a good Bryan Station team 35-31 with their starting quarterback, Dennis Dillon, sidelined with an injury. The Golden Eagles led Ashland at the half 35-0, a team that beat a Dixie Heights team that gave CovCath all it wanted earlier in the season.

 

Johnson Central should be a solid favorite to beat Covington Catholic in Paintsville but they will need to take care of the football to avoid an upset. I am sure that Coach Matney will convince his players that his team is the underdog and there is no chance that the Golden Eagles will be looking ahead to next week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.