Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath vs. Johnson Central predictions

CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins! 223 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins!

    • CovCath
      36%
      82
    • Johnson Central
      63%
      141

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Paintsville is about 120 miles east of Lexington.

 

'Bout an hour and 40 minutes, depending on Mountain Parkway traffic.

 

And CCH in a bad season would likely still be a Mountain Top Five team. It is true Woodford County pretty much packed it up and mailed in the last three weeks or so of their season. My hope is the Eagles can dominate the line of scrimmage enough to keep the CCH offense off the field. This will require turnovers, specifically fumbles, to be kept to a minimum, and throwing of the football will need to be much more efficient than in the Belfry game.

Thanks. Since I tore my ACL the day of the 2006 game against JC, I never got to go. I may make the trip this year. Friday at 7:30, right?

 

I want to see my Colonels win, but I also want to hear the "touchdown GOLDEN EAGLES" call in person. :lol:

  • Replies 216
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Since I tore my ACL the day of the 2006 game against JC, I never got to go. I may make the trip this year. Friday at 7:30, right?

 

I want to see my Colonels win, but I also want to hear the "touchdown GOLDEN EAGLES" call in person. :lol:

 

You may hear it, but its not the same as it used to be.:thumb:

  • Author
Thanks. Since I tore my ACL the day of the 2006 game against JC, I never got to go. I may make the trip this year. Friday at 7:30, right?

 

I want to see my Colonels win, but I also want to hear the "touchdown GOLDEN EAGLES" call in person. :lol:

 

I forgot about that :cry:, but I do remember seeing you at the Pizza Box :D! Hope to see you at JC and bring the rest of the old crazies with you.... Now that group could cheer....

JC 42-21

For some reason I thought Jonhson Central stadium was bigger

in terms of seating. Something like 10-thousand seater. I guess

the guy who told me that was wrong. Never been. Looking

forward to it. Hoping for a CCH win.

For some reason I thought Jonhson Central stadium was bigger

in terms of seating. Something like 10-thousand seater. I guess

the guy who told me that was wrong. Never been. Looking

forward to it. Hoping for a CCH win.

 

I am thinking about 4,000 on the home team side and about 250 on the visiting team's side... :thumb:

 

I will say, a very nice facility indeed... one of the best in Kentucky. Plus, you have a McDonald's right behind the stadium. What more could one ask for?

  • Author
I am thinking about 4,000 on the home team side and about 250 on the visiting team's side... :thumb:

 

I will say, a very nice facility indeed... one of the best in Kentucky. Plus, you have a McDonald's right behind the stadium. What more could one ask for?

 

 

I do remember the Micky D's... :ylsuper: They made a killing that night, as on our bus alone of parents, their small children, friends etc. we must have purchased close to $200.00 of food and drinks for the long ride home. Now when you multiply that total times (I think we had ten busses of fans, plus two team busses) you are talking a nice tidy amount of money they made that night! I surely hope they take good care of your school! :D:thumb:

Johnson Central rushed for 684 yards against Woodford County at a time when that game was rated as a toss-up (before the Yellowjackets' late season slump). Johnson Central beat a good Bryan Station team 35-31 with their starting quarterback, Dennis Dillon, sidelined with an injury. The Golden Eagles led Ashland at the half 35-0, a team that beat a Dixie Heights team that gave CovCath all it wanted earlier in the season.

 

Johnson Central should be a solid favorite to beat Covington Catholic in Paintsville but they will need to take care of the football to avoid an upset. I am sure that Coach Matney will convince his players that his team is the underdog and there is no chance that the Golden Eagles will be looking ahead to next week.

 

Johnson Central won't beat Covcath being that one dimensional.

Covcath beat Woodford Co just as bad as JC and gave up 20 fewer points. Take in consideration this was also Isler's first week back from an injury that had sidelined him for almost 6 weeks.

 

Johnson Central gave up 13 points to a Holmes team that had only scored 25 points in a 5 week span. (19 coming in one game.)

Covcath shut out Holmes and if not for two turnovers inside Holmes' 20, they win 56-0 instead of 42-0.

 

We could go on and on with the scoring comparison's but really it's like comparing apples to oranges.

 

Don't get me wrong, this will be a good game, but I think some of the people overlooking CCH may be doing it because of their record. As someone stated in an earlier post, the Colonels have played probably the toughest schedule in 5A and probably one of the top 5 toughest in the state. If Covcath played the same schedule as JC, they would have likely finished with no less than 8 wins and won the district as well.

 

This won't be a blow out for either team.

I am thinking about 4,000 on the home team side and about 250 on the visiting team's side... :thumb:

 

I will say, a very nice facility indeed... one of the best in Kentucky. Plus, you have a McDonald's right behind the stadium. What more could one ask for?

 

If the Birds end up there, Johnson Central better bring in some GOOD temporary seats (a booster seat would be nice too)...If Henry has to stand the whole game,:scared: the Highlands football team will be the last thing the Golden Eagles will have to worry about.

Two words of caution for JC fans. One, CovCath probably played the toughest schedule of any 5A team in the state with several opponents being ranked in the USA Today's national poll. So do not go by CCH's average record as an indication of their quality. They are battle tested with experience against some of the best teams in the nation, not just KY. Two, CCH has been hurt bad by injuries all season but they are now as healthy as they have been all season. Round 2 of the playoffs will bring us some nice competitive games to watch and this one is right at the top of the list.

 

Cov Cath was not competitive in any of those games against "top ranked teams". I don't believe the schedule they played will factor into this game no more than the perceived soft schedule Johnson Central has played will factor into it.

 

If CovCath goes into "Johnsonville" and wins then the Eagles have been over-rated all year.

If the Birds end up there, Johnson Central better bring in some GOOD temporary seats (a booster seat would be nice too)...If Henry has to stand the whole game,:scared: the Highlands football team will be the last thing the Golden Eagles will have to worry about.

 

 

Johnson Central has brand new visiting bleachers and home bleachers . Probably seats close to 2000 on the visitors and 3500 on home side, plus plenty of room to stand around the track.

  • Author

With the visitors seats being on the opposite side from where we sat in 06, I guess we will have to look back behind us this year, for the fireworks that someone on the hill/Mt shot off each time CovCath scored! BTW do still allow the cars to park around the field and if so does the wrecker still turn on it's flashing lights each time JC does something good?

 

It was a great night of HS football, and much better than the following week when we won in the sterile environment (stadium), better known as the Pizza Box!

If the Birds end up there, Johnson Central better bring in some GOOD temporary seats (a booster seat would be nice too)...If Henry has to stand the whole game,:scared: the Highlands football team will be the last thing the Golden Eagles will have to worry about.

 

Only if you sit in front of me.:irked:

 

Johnson Central has brand new visiting bleachers and home bleachers . Probably seats close to 2000 on the visitors and 3500 on home side, plus plenty of room to stand around the track.

 

From what I understand, Johnson has a great facility. I'm not worried about being able to see the game, I have learned to really irritate the people in front of me with a very obnoxious whistle. They usually leave by the second quarter. I haven't seen 72birdman in 4 years.:ylsuper:

I'm going to have to go with JC on this one. Plus we dont want another rematch with the Birds, that was an ugly one.

I'm going to have to go with JC on this one. Plus with the Birds, that was an ugly one.

 

Really, you would cheer against your team just so you don't have a rematch with the Birds?:confused:

 

Sorry, I edited out the part of his qoute that I wanted to highlight. That was "I don't want another rematch with the birds".

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.