Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath vs. Johnson Central predictions

CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins! 223 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins!

    • CovCath
      36%
      82
    • Johnson Central
      63%
      141

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Good post, do not forget Dials and Grim were on that team too. This years team does not have the individual players that the 06 team did, but I think are stronger as a team. I think this team may be a little quicker across the board, espcially the DBs.

 

From the folks I've spoken to who have seen JC on film and in person, none have said JC is a very quick team..

  • Replies 216
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of JC passing plays for years have been touch downs or big yard gainers.

 

Several posters have mentioned this. Stats seem to disagree.

 

In 2008, JC attempted 28 passes in 10 games (2.8 per) with 12 of those coming against Belfry. Only 10 were completed (5 against Belfry) That leaves 16 attempts, 5 completions in 9 games, 1.8 attempts per, .56 completions per.

 

Only 2 of the 28 went for a touchdown, 1 for 22 yards, 1 for 26 yards. They average less than 8 yards per pass attempt, 23 per completion, hardly big yard gainers.

From the folks I've spoken to who have seen JC on film and in person, none have said JC is a very quick team..

 

Quicker than 06. Not 4.4 speed, but quick enough. This team is known more for power than speed, but is fast for a JC team. Since we have basically ground the ball out with three power runners, our quicker players have not had the ball that much. We have shown most of our speed on defense. Bryan Station has great team speed and no one from BS ran past us. But we are not the fastest team in 5A either.

Several posters have mentioned this. Stats seem to disagree.

 

In 2008, JC attempted 28 passes in 10 games (2.8 per) with 12 of those coming against Belfry. Only 10 were completed (5 against Belfry) That leaves 16 attempts, 5 completions in 9 games, 1.8 attempts per, .56 completions per.

 

Only 2 of the 28 went for a touchdown, 1 for 22 yards, 1 for 26 yards. They average less than 8 yards per pass attempt, 23 per completion, hardly big yard gainers.

 

I had no idea of the stats, but it seems when we have passed we have had some big plays. With a team like JC when you pass and make big yards it sticks out in your mind. The catches Welch makes just stick out in your mind and Welch is cabable of making a game changing catch at anytime on any team. We are not one of the top throwing teams in the state, but we have the ability to make the big play with a pass.

Several posters have mentioned this. Stats seem to disagree.

 

In 2008, JC attempted 28 passes in 10 games (2.8 per) with 12 of those coming against Belfry. Only 10 were completed (5 against Belfry) That leaves 16 attempts, 5 completions in 9 games, 1.8 attempts per, .56 completions per.

 

Only 2 of the 28 went for a touchdown, 1 for 22 yards, 1 for 26 yards. They average less than 8 yards per pass attempt, 23 per completion, hardly big yard gainers.

I have no idea of the stats, but I'd imagine that 23 yds/completion would be pretty high.

Quicker than 06. Not 4.4 speed, but quick enough. This team is known more for power than speed, but is fast for a JC team. Since we have basically ground the ball out with three power runners, our quicker players have not had the ball that much. We have shown most of our speed on defense. Bryan Station has great team speed and no one from BS ran past us. But we are not the fastest team in 5A either.

 

Everything is relative. Comparative stats and individual games performances are impossible to use as a gauge to rate teams. For example: Louisville Central gained 300+ yards on Louisville St. Xavier yet gained much less than 100 yards against Highlands. I don't think many people would say that this means Highlands is that much better than St. X.

In 2008, JC attempted 28 passes in 10 games (2.8 per) with 12 of those coming against Belfry. Only 10 were completed (5 against Belfry) That leaves 16 attempts, 5 completions in 9 games, 1.8 attempts per, .56 completions per.

 

Only 2 of the 28 went for a touchdown, 1 for 22 yards, 1 for 26 yards. They average less than 8 yards per pass attempt, 23 per completion, hardly big yard gainers.

 

 

 

Those would be monster stats in Florence!

 

:D

Johnson Central, us NEKY football fans at Raceland are cheering for you. Can't be there due to our playoff game, but we're behind you all the way!! Let's try and get a few teams playing down there at Papa John's this year!!!

 

 

TCB!!!!!!!

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Everything is relative. Comparative stats and individual games performances are impossible to use as a gauge to rate teams. For example: Louisville Central gained 300+ yards on Louisville St. Xavier yet gained much less than 100 yards against Highlands. I don't think many people would say that this means Highlands is that much better than St. X.

 

:sssh::D

Johnson Central, us NEKY football fans at Raceland are cheering for you. Can't be there due to our playoff game, but we're behind you all the way!! Let's try and get a few teams playing down there at Papa John's this year!!!

 

 

TCB!!!!!!!

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

 

Sounds great ane we appricate it! I think I am the only JC fan on here. Hope you guys get there too. Good Luck!

Those would be monster stats in Florence!

 

:D

 

I would take these stats Friday Night!

Sounds great ane we appricate it! I think I am the only JC fan on here. Hope you guys get there too. Good Luck!

 

You can count me as #2. My wife's family are all from Paintsville, Van Lear, the Nars, Buffalo Creek, Thelma........you get the picture. Her 1st cousin is a teacher at JCHS.

You can count me as #2. My wife's family are all from Paintsville, Van Lear, the Nars, Buffalo Creek, Thelma........you get the picture. Her 1st cousin is a teacher at JCHS.

 

I was just telling my buddy what the River Nars was... :lol:

I was just telling my buddy what the River Nars was... :lol:

 

I know riht where it is, come down and root the Eagles all the ay to the carpet.( I bet some genius form NKY will write two pages why this is wrong)

I know riht where it is, come down and root the Eagles all the ay to the carpet.( I bet some genius form NKY will write two pages why this is wrong)

 

Since I seem to be the person that writes two pages that you are likely referring to, I do appreciate the genius compliment. :thumb::D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.