Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath vs. Johnson Central predictions

CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins! 223 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath vs. Johnson Central who wins!

    • CovCath
      36%
      82
    • Johnson Central
      63%
      141

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 216
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Good post, do not forget Dials and Grim were on that team too. This years team does not have the individual players that the 06 team did, but I think are stronger as a team. I think this team may be a little quicker across the board, specially the DBs.

 

 

I know the CovCath team from the 06 season was better, and without Johnson (what a horse and please take that as a huge complement) (BTW where did he wind up going?) and Grimm (the young man had speed to burn) I have a hard time believing this years team for JC was better than the 06 squad.

 

IMVHO I thought JC was the second best team in 06! They were better that year than HHS, LexCath and especially better than Bowling Green.... who CovCath just blew out at the Pizza Box.....

 

Read the National Weather Service Forecast for Paintsville and it is calling for....

 

Friday: A slight chance of snow showers before noon, then a slight chance of rain showers between noon and 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

 

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West northwest wind around 5 mph.

 

If you are going to the game CovCath fans, while it will be much colder, I will take the cold over the rain wind and cold from last Saturday....

I would take these stats Friday Night!

 

 

You would be happy with 2.8 attempts, 1.00 completion and .2 touchdowns vs CovCath?

I have seen both teams play. As a neutral party I have to say this - Cov Cath is SLOW. They have 1 kid that can burn, the WR #9 I think, and that's it. Do not underestimate the speed JC plays at, they always look slow on film and go out and rush for 400. CCH fans are living in the past, this is not 2 or 3 years ago, I don't know what happened to the program, but I know what I see. JC huge at home, CCH could play with 12 on defense and JC still runs for 450 and 7 scores.

 

JC 56-21

 

Don't waste the gas on the trip Colonels, its along ride home.

Golden Eagles to host Covington Catholic

 

The Johnson Central Golden Eagles will host Covington Catholic in the second round of the 2008 KHSAA State Football Playoffs at Golden Eagle Stadium.

 

The Golden Eagles picked up their tenth win of the season last week in a first-round win over Holmes and look to avenge a loss to the Knights two seasons’ ago in the semi-state game.

 

Catholic enters the game with a 5-6 mark and knocked off Woodford County rather handily last week 42-13, but don’t let the record fool you.

 

“They are big, strong and fast,” Coach Jim Matney said. Its a typical Covington Catholic team.”

 

Catholic’s losses have come to St. X, Highlands, Beechwood, Cincinnati Elder, Cardinal Mooney, Ohio, and Madison North Hopkins. These are very good opponents and could be one of the toughest schedules in the Commonwealth.

 

“Their schedule has been brutal,” Matney said. “We definitely can’t take anything for granted just because they’ve lost six ball games. Not with the schedule they have played.”

 

The Northern Kentucky team has put up some impressive numbers for a team below the .500 mark. They had thrown for 1,666 yards during the regular season and ran the ball for 1,435 yards. So they can be dangerous on the ground or through the air.

 

Will Deters leads the team in rushing and is the biggest threat for the Knights, but Patrick Vansant and Michael Robinson can be just as dangerous in the passing game.

 

The weakness looks to be the defensive side of the ball. Catholic allowed 2,786 yards rushing during the regular season and gave up over 1,00 yards through the air.

 

If the Golden Eagles can exploit the weakness with their power running game, it could be a long night for the Northern Kentucky team as Chase Richardson, Nathan Dillon and Tanner Bratton bring punishment with them, along with the ball.

I have seen both teams play. As a neutral party I have to say this - Cov Cath is SLOW. They have 1 kid that can burn, the WR #9 I think, and that's it. Do not underestimate the speed JC plays at, they always look slow on film and go out and rush for 400. CCH fans are living in the past, this is not 2 or 3 years ago, I don't know what happened to the program, but I know what I see. JC huge at home, CCH could play with 12 on defense and JC still runs for 450 and 7 scores.

 

JC 56-21

 

Don't waste the gas on the trip Colonels, its along ride home.

 

I'll be sure to keep this post in mind when the game is over...especially the predicted score. :thumb:

Golden Eagles to host Covington Catholic

 

The Johnson Central Golden Eagles will host Covington Catholic in the second round of the 2008 KHSAA State Football Playoffs at Golden Eagle Stadium.

 

The Golden Eagles picked up their tenth win of the season last week in a first-round win over Holmes and look to avenge a loss to the Knights two seasons’ ago in the semi-state game.

 

Catholic enters the game with a 5-6 mark and knocked off Woodford County rather handily last week 42-13, but don’t let the record fool you.

 

“They are big, strong and fast,” Coach Jim Matney said. Its a typical Covington Catholic team.”

 

Catholic’s losses have come to St. X, Highlands, Beechwood, Cincinnati Elder, Cardinal Mooney, Ohio, and Madison North Hopkins. These are very good opponents and could be one of the toughest schedules in the Commonwealth.

 

“Their schedule has been brutal,” Matney said. “We definitely can’t take anything for granted just because they’ve lost six ball games. Not with the schedule they have played.”

 

The Northern Kentucky team has put up some impressive numbers for a team below the .500 mark. They had thrown for 1,666 yards during the regular season and ran the ball for 1,435 yards. So they can be dangerous on the ground or through the air.

 

Will Deters leads the team in rushing and is the biggest threat for the Knights, but Patrick Vansant and Michael Robinson can be just as dangerous in the passing game.

 

The weakness looks to be the defensive side of the ball. Catholic allowed 2,786 yards rushing during the regular season and gave up over 1,00 yards through the air.

 

If the Golden Eagles can exploit the weakness with their power running game, it could be a long night for the Northern Kentucky team as Chase Richardson, Nathan Dillon and Tanner Bratton bring punishment with them, along with the ball.

 

 

Better check the name of that paper! It is not the Johnson Co. Herald and we have been disrespected by that paper many times.:laugh:

Better check the name of that paper! It is not the Johnson Co. Herald and we have been disrespected by that paper many times.:laugh:

 

I'm just glad some of us can have fun with this whole NKY/Mountain, Covington/Park Hlls, Johnsonville/Paintsville dynamic. Here's hoping for a well played game with no injuries tomorrow night.

 

:thumb:

I'm just glad some of us can have fun with this whole NKY/Mountain, Covington/Park Hlls, Johnsonville/Paintsville dynamic. Here's hoping for a well played game with no injuries tomorrow night.

 

:thumb:

 

Same here! Can't wait for a great night of football here in Johnsonville!:D

I'll be sure to keep this post in mind when the game is over...especially the predicted score. :thumb:
Me too. This should be fun. :cool:
The Golden Eagles picked up their tenth win of the season last week in a first-round win over Holmes and look to avenge a loss to the Knights two seasons’ ago in the semi-state game.

So let's see. If JC beat the "Knights" and HHS beats the "Wildcats," would the game be played in "Johnsonville" or "Ft. Mitchell?"

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes::cool:

Better check the name of that paper! It is not the Johnson Co. Herald and we have been disrespected by that paper many times.:laugh:

 

To say the very least.:madman:

Good luck to the Colonels tommorow nite. I think CovCaths winning tradition and experience of playing in the big ones will prevail. Its going to be a cold one tommorow nite so dress warm. My guess is its going to look like a walking Cabelas catalog with all the really warm hunting clothes. I should have taken out stock in that company a long time ago.

Good luck to the Colonels tommorow nite. I think CovCaths winning tradition and experience of playing in the big ones will prevail. Its going to be a cold one tommorow nite so dress warm. My guess is its going to look like a walking Cabelas catalog with all the really warm hunting clothes. I should have taken out stock in that company a long time ago.

 

How many of these kids have that experience? I don't think you can aount on that, you can only trust in experience, not tradition. If tradition got you anywhere, Notre Dame, Miami and Michigan would be vying for BCS games...

Good luck to the Colonels tommorow nite. I think CovCaths winning tradition and experience of playing in the big ones will prevail. Its going to be a cold one tommorow nite so dress warm. My guess is its going to look like a walking Cabelas catalog with all the really warm hunting clothes. I should have taken out stock in that company a long time ago.
Just when you thought that everything was being worked out . You have to throw the camo comment out there.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.