Highlands playoff run

Skunk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the opponents in 5A, I think the one that scares me most is John Hardin. I know that back in 2005 (when they were in old 4A) they were very good and gave an undefeated Saint X all they wanted and more in the playoffs (losing by one point)... that memory has stuck with me since JH has come into 5A with Highlands.

That was three years ago...different teams entirely. Not saying that JH won't be the biggest challenge to the Birds...but you can make very few assumptions about a team based on their squad three years ago...

What round does highlands get challenged and by whom? State your reason.

No one, No round.........IMO Highlands is much better than everyone else in 5A this year. I don't think anyone will come within 3 touchdowns of them this year.

Last 3 games they have a 38-0 average score against 3 very good teams (Lex Cath, Madison Central, and Central) These 3 teams could compete with anyone else in 5A this year.

Heck, injury HAS been the status quo! (Josh Conner). But as LN would preach "Assess, Adapt, Overcome".[/QUOTE]

And as I have watched the Bluebirds over these many years, that is exactly one of the reasons why they are so strong year in year out. There is always a 2 or 3 ready and able to step up.

Christian county will give Highlands their first tough game.

The same team that lost to Male by 35? Maybe I am overlooking their formidable wins against the likes of Graves County, or them eeking out a few wins against Trigg County and Paducah Tilghman who didn't even make it to the playoffs. I thought everybody did in KY.

Who is Christian County? I have never even heard of that school. Where are they located, what class did they used to be in the old system? What's their record?
Christian County is 9-1 and finished on top of district 1 in Western Ky. They're a very good team and a strong contender for the Region 1 title. In 2006 they were classified as a 4A team under the old system.

Who is Christian County? I have never even heard of that school. Where are they located, what class did they used to be in the old system? What's their record?

Hopkinsville is in Christian County. They are right by Ft. Campbell. They both play at the same stadium.

The Bluebirds will be even more formidable with the return of senior running back Josh Conner. He rushed for 1,719 yards and 34 touchdowns last year but broke his left fibula in an August scrimmage and carried the ball only six times during the regular season.

"It's definitely a good feeling to know that I can help the team try to win the biggest five games of the year," said Conner, who estimates that he's 95-100 percent healthy.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20081114/SPT030201/811140362/

They used to be 4A. Won State in 4A in 1982. Lost only one game that year as I recall. It was the Recreation Bowl against some then-3A power. But that was a looooooong time ago. Back when I weighed 155 pounds....