Who will you be watching tonight?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be watching tonight?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check one of those out. Its not that I thought unkindly of him.
I will always fondly remember Tim Russert for holding John Kerry's feet to the fire over the release of his Navy records. Russert did not take kindly to guests lying to him and he never went on the air unprepared. Kerry promised to publicly release his records and thought Russert would let it slide and Russert nailed him on a return visit. Kerry did not appear on Meet the Press again for months. Russert was a liberal but he was a professional and he was fair.

I would not mind reading Russert's books sometime. Rush has very few guests on his show but he had Russert one for a pretty long segment during his book promotion tour. I enjoyed the interview very much.

I've been watching Fox and they have been more generous with "giving the election" to Obama way more early than I can imagine anyone else. I've been greatly surprised at how much they've praised the Obama campaign and even calling this a dire defeat for the GOP.

I've been watching NBC. I like that they cut back and forth between local and national coverage and have the ticker on the bottom that gives local election results as well as national. Tonight I was far more interested in the KY Senate contest and some races for judges than in the national election, which had been a foregone conclusion for weeks... maybe months.

Fox gets a bad wrap for having some strong conservative voices (i.e. Sean Hannity & Fox & Friends). But as I said a few months ago...

- If you think Alan Colmes is the only "liberal" on Fox News, you do not watch a lot of Fox News.

- Fox and Friends in the morning is the most right wing show on cable.

- O'Reilly is deemed by many on the left as a hardcore Republican. Again, if you watch O'Reilly, you definitley know that is not the case.

- Fox News has the hottest anchors and contributors on cable behind G4 (with the exception of Greta).

- Agenda aside, Fox News is really good at what they do. They were smarter than other cable news outlets in hiring people that were not only good at what they know, but also entertaining. Bottom line, Fox News is better television. Sort of like the Yankees. No matter how good or bad the product is, they are at least interesting.

In short, it is simply a better product.