Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 28 Ryle 14

Featured Replies

I must be the only one that notices that when Kiefer Eubank for Ryle is in on offense, Ryle moves the ball & when he's on the sideline, they go 3 & out. But he seems to play only about 15 offensive plays a game. What's up with that!

 

Is there anyone on the offensive team that touches the ball a lot? I don't think the offense is in the game long enough to have someone like Quianoo carry the ball 53 times. Anyone have the stats on Ryle's offense?

 

Ryle was outcoached last night, like a lot of the games this year. Players are under-utilized and play calls are terrible. This may be a young team but that's no excuse for the plays that are called. Even in a couple years this team will be battling the same problems if the coaching is the same.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there anyone on the offensive team that touches the ball a lot? I don't think the offense is in the game long enough to have someone like Quianoo carry the ball 53 times. Anyone have the stats on Ryle's offense?

 

Ryle was outcoached last night, like a lot of the games this year. Players are under-utilized and play calls are terrible. This may be a young team but that's no excuse for the plays that are called. Even in a couple years this team will be battling the same problems if the coaching is the same.

I don't think it's fair to call out the Ryle coaching staff. They have built a solid program over there and are a season and a half removed from a state runner-up. Boone just has a better team than them this year. Ryle is young, they'll be just fine.

Biggest difference I saw last night between these two teams was Boone's line on both sides of the ball. They have some very nice-sized, strong kids up front. I don't think there's a substantial amount of difference in the skill positions between these teams (yes, Quainoo is a stud, but Ryle has two very good backs themselves). Not meaning to imply at all that Ryle's lines are not good, but Boone's is simply at a different level than every other team in 6A. You know you have something special going when you can line up in offensive formations play after play that pretty much announce to the other team "Hey, we're running the ball on this play" and still be successful. :thumb: Congrats to Boone!

Ryle has a ton of young talent that matched up very well against a big Boone team. The better team won, but look out for Ryle within the next 2 years. They will be tough to beat.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

When Ryle did throw, Nichols was one of the first options. I think they threw his way five times or so. Boone's pass rush was pretty solid.

 

Nichols only had the ball thrown his way 3 times, he only had 2 receptions on the game and they were both in the first half.

Ryle continues to struggle with their play calling. The TE should be getting the ball over the middle and at the flats about 6 to 8 times a game. They also do not throw deep accross the middle. Ryles offense does not adjust well to the defense, they are way to predictable.

Does anyone know what happened on Lohsaks amazing Kick return. I think there was a personal foul and an unsportsmanlike foul called. It was just interesting that flags didn't hit the field until Lohsak was in the end-zone. Actually that call allowed Boone to take more time off the clock with another time consuming drive, but I hated to see such an awesome effort by #22 negated. The Rebels did a good job playing through the call and continuing their game. Congrats to the Rebels on a well deserved district title.

Boone County is looking very impressive heading into the playoffs.

Does anyone know what happened on Lohsaks amazing Kick return. I think there was a personal foul and an unsportsmanlike foul called. It was just interesting that flags didn't hit the field until Lohsak was in the end-zone. Actually that call allowed Boone to take more time off the clock with another time consuming drive, but I hated to see such an awesome effort by #22 negated. The Rebels did a good job playing through the call and continuing their game. Congrats to the Rebels on a well deserved district title.

 

It looked like the unsportsmanlike was on Lohsak for diving in the end zone. It also looked like there may have been holding called somewhere across midfield. It was an awesome effort by him, dude is a player.

It looked like the unsportsmanlike was on Lohsak for diving in the end zone. It also looked like there may have been holding called somewhere across midfield. It was an awesome effort by him, dude is a player.

 

I watched the replay of the game on ICN6. Lokesak got called for the unsportsmanlike for diving into the end zone. I don't understand the call because he had a Ryle defender right on his heals. The other call was a personal foul probably the Boone guy hit the Ryle guy where there was no need? It was a very nice return for him too bad it got called back.

I watched the replay of the game on ICN6. Lokesak got called for the unsportsmanlike for diving into the end zone. I don't understand the call because he had a Ryle defender right on his heals. The other call was a personal foul probably the Boone guy hit the Ryle guy where there was no need? It was a very nice return for him too bad it got called back.

 

 

I agree - I watched on ICN6 last night and was extremely surprised by the call on Lokesak. The TV didn't show the personal foul, so I couldn't comment on that. The unsportsmanlike call was extremely weak, though as it appeared he wouldn't have gotten in to the endzone without the dive.

I agree - I watched on ICN6 last night and was extremely surprised by the call on Lokesak. The TV didn't show the personal foul, so I couldn't comment on that. The unsportsmanlike call was extremely weak, though as it appeared he wouldn't have gotten in to the endzone without the dive.

 

Thanks guys. I thought the dive was necessary to break the plane before being brought down or knocked out of bounds. Maybe they should create a five yard separation rule for that call to prevent robbing great efforts from kids that are just selling it all out to make the play.

Biggest difference I saw last night between these two teams was Boone's line on both sides of the ball. They have some very nice-sized, strong kids up front. I don't think there's a substantial amount of difference in the skill positions between these teams (yes, Quainoo is a stud, but Ryle has two very good backs themselves). Not meaning to imply at all that Ryle's lines are not good, but Boone's is simply at a different level than every other team in 6A. You know you have something special going when you can line up in offensive formations play after play that pretty much announce to the other team "Hey, we're running the ball on this play" and still be successful. :thumb: Congrats to Boone!

 

 

I agree CTown, BC lines up and runs down their opponent's throat. They are the most physical team in NKY 6A hands down.

I agree - I watched on ICN6 last night and was extremely surprised by the call on Lokesak. The TV didn't show the personal foul, so I couldn't comment on that. The unsportsmanlike call was extremely weak, though as it appeared he wouldn't have gotten in to the endzone without the dive.

 

Word has it that the personal foul came on a BC player who was running side by side a Ryle player and threw a shoulder into him (hitting him in the shoulder as well), the Ryle player left his feet. The Ref turn to see him falling down and ASSUMED the block came in the back. I too found it suspicious that the play happened at midfield yet the flag wasn't thrown until afte Lokesak crossed the goal line.

I was sitting behind Lokesak's father and he went nuts!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.