Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sonny's Bar-B-Q

Featured Replies

I have several times. I love the place.

 

Do we have one in the state of KY ? I think the only locations I've had Sonny's at would be Florida and TN.

There is one on I-75 in the southern part of the state.

There is one in Columbus, if the same franchise. Excellent food.

  • Author
I have several times. I love the place.

 

Do we have one in the state of KY ? I think the only locations I've had Sonny's at would be Florida and TN.

 

There is one in Somerset (Pulaski County). I just ordered the 'Sonny`s Smokin` Bar-B-Q Sauce' from their website. That stuff is awesome!

 

http://www.sonnysbbqstore.com/cgi-php/store.php?search=yes&subcat=3&catname=Bar-B-Q%20Sauce&sort_by=user10

I like Sonny's, but I think Smokey Bones is better when talking about a chain BBQ restaurant.

Sonny's is great.. I eat there a lot. Sonny's catering service is good too..

When I lived inRichmond I would eat there all the time. I don't get there much now...

I have eaten at many of them. I live very close to all three.

Sonny's are in Corbin, off of I-75, Richmond by the by-pass and Somerset just built a new one on 27.

We eat at the one in Nicholasville on occasion since it is so close to Lexington/Danville. The Beef Brisket is awesome.

Every time we visit my folks in St. Augustine, we ALWAYS, and I mean always make sure that we get to the Sonny's at least once.

 

I've often believed that if your'e in a town that attracts a bunch of tourists and want to find a good place to eat; find a place that is frequented by lots of locals. In St. Augustine, Sonny's is one of those places. Love the variety of sauces; and they sure don't hold back on the size of the drinks.

 

As far as other BBQ places go in NKY, I'll take Hoggy's over Smokey Bones six days a week and twice on Sundays. Just my personal preference.

When living in London, I would stop there after going to the OTB. Would also go from time to time when in Richmond. Went frequently when I lived in Somerset as well. The lack of a Sonny's near Bardstown has been tough to get used to, but we do up ribs or some other such BBQ item every time I visit with the parents, and my brother will do up a Boston butt from time to time, so I make do. Got leftover ribs and chicken in the fridge from visiting Warsaw this weekend, as well as a six-pack of Dixie Chili cans. :ylsuper:

Love it and go every time I'm in Richmond. I usually buy a couple of bottles of the sweet sauce on the way out.

Sonny's is good for chain BBQ, but as mcpapa said I'd rather have Hoggy's in NKY. Now, if we can cross the river into Ohio, the story changes.

Sonny's is good for chain BBQ, but as mcpapa said I'd rather have Hoggy's in NKY. Now, if we can cross the river into Ohio, the story changes.

 

Who in OH ??

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.