Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sonny's Bar-B-Q

Featured Replies

If you are ever in Portsmouth OH you need to try the Scioto Ribber downtown on Galia Street, I believe.. The place doesn't look like much but the BBQ is great and the steaks are even better, cooked outside on mesquite year round. My favorite the the "Ribber fries" dipped BBQ sauce instead of Ketchup. Mmmmmmm! Just go downtown, roll down your windows and sniff, you'll find it. Lots of Bengals memorabilia there, also.

Who in OH ??

 

Burbank's.

 

Also, the poster above mentions the Scioto Ribber in Portsmouth... very tasty.

What's the famous BBQ in Owensboro?

When living in London, I would stop there after going to the OTB. Would also go from time to time when in Richmond. Went frequently when I lived in Somerset as well. The lack of a Sonny's near Bardstown has been tough to get used to, but we do up ribs or some other such BBQ item every time I visit with the parents, and my brother will do up a Boston butt from time to time, so I make do. Got leftover ribs and chicken in the fridge from visiting Warsaw this weekend, as well as a six-pack of Dixie Chili cans. :ylsuper:

 

JS, did you ever eat at Shiloh's when you lived in London? I have been down in the area several times with a client over the past few months and we eat lunch there everytime we are in the area. I must say I am very impressed.

JS, did you ever eat at Shiloh's when you lived in London? I have been down in the area several times with a client over the past few months and we eat lunch there everytime we are in the area. I must say I am very impressed.

 

I was a semi-regular on NFL Sundays, watching the Steelers play. :thumb:

That's just for tourists. Go to Old Hickory instead.

I've never been to either, but I have often heard the same thing. Moonlite gets the publicity, but Old Hickory is the place to go.

If you are going to bother going north of the Ohio River. Then you need to just go to Mongomery Inn.

Sonny's is excellent eating!:thumb:

There's one in Corbin, best BBQ sauce in the state

Sonny's is excellent eating!:thumb:

 

Yes, it is. But to me, there's something special about the Sonny's right on Rt. 1 in St. Augustine. Always a packed house, at lunch time there always seems to be a table of local policemen; lots of folks just back from the beach. The super combo usually hits the spot.

If you are going to bother going north of the Ohio River. Then you need to just go to Mongomery Inn.

 

No need to go north. There's one in Crescent Springs, right off 75

  • Author

Welp, my 'Sonny`s Smokin` Bar-B-Q Sauce' was delivered today. I ate about a spoonful as soon as I got it. I'll have to go to the grocer and pick me up some ribs to go with it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.