Rockcastle 60 Pulaski SW 28 (JV)

papagrit

Rock looked pretty tough after the first two defensive series and the offense looked exceptionally good...smashmouth style. A few things are beginning to click for the JV. Played subs during the 4th quarter and the subs showed some Rock pride as well. This was all after practicing before the game as I'm sure most JV teams have to do. Congrats boys and good luck in the JV playoffs if you qualify! :thumb:

How did Rock score 60 points on SW? Pulaski beat Rock 14-0 and SW 34-32. It seems strange that Rock could beat them by that much. Do they (Rock) have a totaly different team than they had when Pulaski played them or did they just have a great game?

It was the same group of guys that played both games. One person came back from a slight injury, but other than that it was pretty much the same group that played Pulaski. The group as a whole just seem to have gotten their act together. I asked the coaches and they attribute it to a change of diet for a pregame meal. They have switched from ham or turkey on cheese sandwiches to Kentucky round meat sandwiches (bologna). It has now become the winning tradition for the team to eat bologna sandwiches before the games after they practice. Also as I've noted before, the freshmen team are playing really well and have yet to be beaten (they've been eating bologna all along). Maybe the attitude of this group of freshmen (as well as their eating habits) has started to rub off on their older peers. :banana:

It was the same group of guys that played both games. One person came back from a slight injury, but other than that it was pretty much the same group that played Pulaski. The group as a whole just seem to have gotten their act together. I asked the coaches and they attribute it to a change of diet for a pregame meal. They have switched from ham or turkey on cheese sandwiches to Kentucky round meat sandwiches (bologna). It has now become the winning tradition for the team to eat bologna sandwiches before the games after they practice. Also as I've noted before, the freshmen team are playing really well and have yet to be beaten (they've been eating bologna all along). Maybe the attitude of this group of freshmen (as well as their eating habits) has started to rub off on their older peers. :banana:
Wow :D