October 11, 200817 yr When Shopping for groceries would you rather go to a grocery store ( which one) or a retails store like wal mart that have groceries as well. Do you feel one has better prices than the other?
October 11, 200817 yr I prefer to patronize my local grocery store vs retailers like WalMart. I'd rather give them my money, even if I spend a few dollars more. On occasion I don't mind to pick up certain things at a retailer like soft drinks, water, paper products, etc. But for perishables, produce and meat, I always get them from my local grocery store. Its fresher and better, IMO.
October 11, 200817 yr I used to hate grocery shopping. When I moved though, there's a local grocery store in my neighborhood that has changed all that. I love going grocery shopping! I've been to Wal-Mart a few times over the last year or so, but mostly just to buy clothes or yard tools, etc. I found that although Wal-Mart has huge selections of the standard food stuffs, my local grocery stocks a very nice selection of things I can't find at Wal-Mart or even Kroger, because there isn't a huge demand for them. My local store also stocks a very large assortment of Kentucky and local products which I like. I don't have anything against the Wal-Mart's of the world, and don't have any ethical dilemmas shopping there, I just like the shopping experience at my local store much better.
October 11, 200817 yr WalMart. Our local WalMart has a better selection of items than some of the other's I've been in.
October 11, 200817 yr Remke's for some items such as beef and fresh produce. Kroger's for most other groceries. We also shop a Target and Wal Mart for things like laundry products and other personal items. Bottom line is we comparison shop for the best prices. I don't go to every store each week, it just depends on what I need at the time to where I shop. I won't drive to Florence to save a few dollars due to gas.
October 11, 200817 yr If I'm going grocery shopping, then I go to the grocery store (usually Krogers). We sometimes buy cleaning supplies and hygiene products at the dollar store.
October 11, 200817 yr i shop at Slones 1 1/2 miles from the house and the prices are good . Usually get cleanin supplies and other stuff from the Dollar store close also. Don't go to Wal Mart unless it is a must.
October 11, 200817 yr Depends on what I'm needing and what's on sale. I'm a big-time coupon clipper, so I will try to go to Kroger more often because of the double coupons. Just the other day I ended up getting my toilet paper for free because it was on sale and I had good coupons. My bill would've been something like $85, but ended up only about $55 because of coupons.
October 11, 200817 yr Kroger by far!!! Meijer always seems more expensive and to big. Walmart drives me crazy. The few times I go there it always seems to be stupid customer day.
October 11, 200817 yr I used to be a big time Wal-Mart shopper. I also hate crowds, so I usually try to shop later at night or early Sunday morning. However, the Wal-Mart I go to is always restocking during these times. I hate trying to avoid their HUGE piles of items that they are re-stocking. Most of the time they dont' bother with leaving room for traffic flow or so that shoppers can still get to the shelves. Recently, I have switched to Kroger. I can go in the early evening and have found the crowds to be small, yet the store well stocked and appealing. I once again enjoy grocery shopping. I know that overall I pay a little more for many things, but I am okay with avoiding the frustration that I experience at Wal-Mart.
October 11, 200817 yr We usually shop at the local Kroger and whenever Remke's has a good sale we will go to get the sale items. We use to have a small local IGA down the road from us that was always nice to shop but needless to say they are no longer there.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.