New Kentucky Basketball Jerseys

Farva

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the color and style of the jerseys. I not a big fan of the tight shirts and long shorts though. However it still is better than the ones they wore the last two seasons...

I didn't like that look when Ohio State, Syracuse, and Florida first announced they were going to do it... But once I saw them on them, I changed my mind. I think it's a pretty cool look, especially when the player is ripped. Makes them a little more intimidating, IMO.

I didn't like that look when Ohio State, Syracuse, and Florida first announced they were going to do it... But once I saw them on them, I changed my mind. I think it's a pretty cool look, especially when the player is ripped. Makes them a little more intimidating, IMO.

I mean its not horrible, but I just not a fan of that style. I didn't like that style on OSU and florida and not on UK last night. However I still like them better than last two seasons jerseys and I love like the color scheme to them and stuff. Maybe the actual style will grow on me after awhile.

The "K" is for Mr Wildcat Bill Keightley

From nky.com:

Before the Wildcats were introduced, there was a special video tribute to "Mr. Wildcat" Bill Keightley, who passed away in April. After the tribute, a permanent marker in front of Mr. Keightley's old seat was unveiled on the Rupp Arena floor by his daughter, Karen Marlowe. It is a block "K" with Mr. Wildcat in script and is on the UK sideline.

Mr. Keightley is also remembered on UK's new uniforms. On the right shoulder is a black patch with "Mr. Wildcat" in script. The K on the white uniform is in white with a black outline while the blue uniforms have a black K with a white outline.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081011/SPT0104/810110447/1162/SPT01

From nky.com:

Before the Wildcats were introduced, there was a special video tribute to "Mr. Wildcat" Bill Keightley, who passed away in April. After the tribute, a permanent marker in front of Mr. Keightley's old seat was unveiled on the Rupp Arena floor by his daughter, Karen Marlowe. It is a block "K" with Mr. Wildcat in script and is on the UK sideline.

Mr. Keightley is also remembered on UK's new uniforms. On the right shoulder is a black patch with "Mr. Wildcat" in script. The K on the white uniform is in white with a black outline while the blue uniforms have a black K with a white outline.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081011/SPT0104/810110447/1162/SPT01

I was there and that was a pretty emotional part of the night.