Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Kentucky Basketball Jerseys

Featured Replies

  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look, the stripe running down the side is very nice.

I bet they will have new ones by the beginning of SEC play. They are kind of plain with old Ohio State style shorts. Hats off to them for finding a way to remember MR. WILDCAT though!!!

I love the color and style of the jerseys. I not a big fan of the tight shirts and long shorts though. However it still is better than the ones they wore the last two seasons...

I love the color and style of the jerseys. I not a big fan of the tight shirts and long shorts though. However it still is better than the ones they wore the last two seasons...

 

I didn't like that look when Ohio State, Syracuse, and Florida first announced they were going to do it... But once I saw them on them, I changed my mind. I think it's a pretty cool look, especially when the player is ripped. Makes them a little more intimidating, IMO.

I didn't like that look when Ohio State, Syracuse, and Florida first announced they were going to do it... But once I saw them on them, I changed my mind. I think it's a pretty cool look, especially when the player is ripped. Makes them a little more intimidating, IMO.

 

I mean its not horrible, but I just not a fan of that style. I didn't like that style on OSU and florida and not on UK last night. However I still like them better than last two seasons jerseys and I love like the color scheme to them and stuff. Maybe the actual style will grow on me after awhile.

I didn't even notice that they were "checkerboard" design. Not sure if I like that or not.

The "K" is for Mr Wildcat Bill Keightley

 

From nky.com:

 

Before the Wildcats were introduced, there was a special video tribute to "Mr. Wildcat" Bill Keightley, who passed away in April. After the tribute, a permanent marker in front of Mr. Keightley's old seat was unveiled on the Rupp Arena floor by his daughter, Karen Marlowe. It is a block "K" with Mr. Wildcat in script and is on the UK sideline.

 

Mr. Keightley is also remembered on UK's new uniforms. On the right shoulder is a black patch with "Mr. Wildcat" in script. The K on the white uniform is in white with a black outline while the blue uniforms have a black K with a white outline.

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081011/SPT0104/810110447/1162/SPT01

From nky.com:

Before the Wildcats were introduced, there was a special video tribute to "Mr. Wildcat" Bill Keightley, who passed away in April. After the tribute, a permanent marker in front of Mr. Keightley's old seat was unveiled on the Rupp Arena floor by his daughter, Karen Marlowe. It is a block "K" with Mr. Wildcat in script and is on the UK sideline.

Mr. Keightley is also remembered on UK's new uniforms. On the right shoulder is a black patch with "Mr. Wildcat" in script. The K on the white uniform is in white with a black outline while the blue uniforms have a black K with a white outline.

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081011/SPT0104/810110447/1162/SPT01

 

I was there and that was a pretty emotional part of the night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.