How do you like your steak cooked?

sportsfan41

So I'm sitting in class thinking about what I want for dinner, and I'm thinking either steak or pizza. So it got me thinking. How do you like your steak done.

I prefer mine medium rare, gotta be pink in the middle, darker the better. Love those juices flowing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we don't have any well done heretics in here right now. I swear I want to slap someone for ruining a perfectly good steak when they have it cooked one iota over medium.

Medium rare here, but one day I hope to get the guts to try rare. Every move down in cooking level has meant more flavor....

Well at least we don't have any well done heretics in here right now. I swear I want to slap someone for ruining a perfectly good steak when they have it cooked one iota over medium.

Medium rare here, but one day I hope to get the guts to try rare. Every move down in cooking level has meant more flavor....

I've had a steak rare on more than one occasion.

It's delicious. If it's a good steak,from a nicer steak house, the taste is unbelievable.

It always scares me a little though.

We had a thread on this not too long ago.

I take my steak cooking seriously. First and foremost, the key to any good steak is a good cut of meat. I essentially live at our butcher store. For me, I simply just put a little pepper and salt on it and sear for a couple of minutes on each side to trap the juices. Then throw it on the grill for a few minutes to get the grill flavor... served up medium rare.