Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 37 LCA 35

Featured Replies

That has to be the worst ejection call ever! I was standing right in front of it when it happened and we were stunned. I want someone to tell me from that video thats a good ejection call?

 

The Raceland player held his foot for too long. It looked as if the LCA player was jerking his foot out of the Raceland players hands but after the foot was loose, it almost looked like there was a stomp to the Raceland players face mask.

 

To be truthful, I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not.It may have just been the natural motion of the players foot as he freed it from the Raceland players grasp. In the heat of the moment with very little time to react, I could see an official throwing the flag or not throwing it. It could have gone either way.

 

I don't have a dog in this fight by the way.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads to the Rams. I would like to take a little time to praise some of the guys that normally play JV for stepping up to Varsity. I said in an earlier thread in the year how much I think we were going to appreciate Coach Vanderhoof for not going for those shut outs and letting those boys play. We had several out there tonight that did a great job. Loren Huffman caught the first pass shown on tv. Litteral had a great run. Jones was in playing hard. By the way he went to the hospital and by all account has a concussion but I can't confirm that so lets all pray for a speedy recovery. After losing Tolliver I was glad to see those boys being ready to step in. Sorry if I missed any names.

 

Second I was at a college game that had mid southern officials. I have never in my entire life seen so many yellow flags. It wasnt a sea of the school colors it was a sea of yellow for one team. Now I could get on the college thread most of those calls were done on the other side also. so I could get on here and say one team had about 4 and the other it seemed like18 but I can only hope that thats what they are being trained for and I am not an official. I saw no home cooking tonight just a hard fought ballgame and I had friends and family on both sides. We had people doing the chains so they were really close to activity on the other side.

 

I wish LCA a safe way home and good luck on the rest of their season.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

That has to be the worst ejection call ever! I was standing right in front of it when it happened and we were stunned. I want someone to tell me from that video thats a good ejection call?

Wow...what sort of standard are we holding these kids to if that is an ejectable offense? I wasn't there either, but the video gives a pretty clear picture of the play. It looked like LCA might have been trying to run a hurry up offense...the Raceland defender was trying to hold on for a few extra seconds to run the clock...and the LCA receiver jerked his leg away from him in frustration. Unless something happened after the video stopped, this ejection call should be overturned and the LCA player shouldn't have to sit out. When I heard someone got ejected, I pictured the LCA team losing all discipline late in the game! Sorry I made that comment earlier. The video evidence proves otherwise.

...or perhaps the LCA player said something to the official...that's a possibility as well...in any case, it didn't seem LCA's coach was all too upset about it as officiating or penalties weren't even mentioned in the newspaper write-up about the game:

 

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_271011345.html?keyword=secondarystory

 

As I have stated in earlier posts...the officiating was questionable. But, the Raceland kids played their tales off and took it too LCA. Raceland deserved too win the game and I think Coach Rains would be the last person to make excuses.

...or perhaps the LCA player said something to the official...that's a possibility as well...in any case, it didn't seem LCA's coach was all too upset about it as officiating or penalties weren't even mentioned in the newspaper write-up about the game:

 

That's probably because they (players & #18 in particular) were mouthing & doing little things typical of arrogant players & it finally caught up with them. I watched the film so I should know. Whitt wouldn't even shake our coaches' hands after the game. I'm sure they would have be good sports if the score was reversed.

 

Bottom line: the officiating didn't cost LCA the game (8-70 for LCA & 4-25 for the Rams). It's not like the calls were all great in Lexington last year either. Turnovers & the Ram's rushing game did, not to mention holding Hayden to 45 yards rushing. They lost a tight game, plain & simple.

...or perhaps the LCA player said something to the official...that's a possibility as well...in any case, it didn't seem LCA's coach was all too upset about it as officiating or penalties weren't even mentioned in the newspaper write-up about the game:

 

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_271011345.html?keyword=secondarystory

 

 

I watched the video clip you provided. Thank you, BTW. It is not conclusive, IMO. It looks like there was an extra downward motion of the foot that could be seen as a stomp/kick. I think he was just making sure his foot got free. But his body language was angry, which adds to the kick argument - especially if you're the official and have to make a spot judgement.

 

 

Looks like a GREAT game. Coingratulations to the Rams. Keep up the good work.

AND...I do agree, that he shouldn't have been thrown out for that particular play, but you can tell by his attitude (the way he tried to shake his foot to get Boyle's off of him) that is why the official probably made the call. Raceland had basically the same play & call happen in the Ashland Game in 2006 & Beach was ejected, & shouldn't have been. What wasn't seen was some of the taunting & bumps on Raceland players by LCA that preceeded that type of play.

 

As I said before, that didn't beat LCA. The game went back & forth all night, & the teams are evenly matched. With a few twist & turns of fate,LCA could have won the game, but didn't. Raceland stepped up & made a big defensive play (without one of their best receivers & cornerbacks, Tolliver - who was out injured) which they didn't make last year at the end of the game in Lexington.

 

I'm sure we'll see the Eagles again in Round #3.

...or perhaps the LCA player said something to the official...that's a possibility as well...in any case, it didn't seem LCA's coach was all too upset about it as officiating or penalties weren't even mentioned in the newspaper write-up about the game:

 

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_271011345.html?keyword=secondarystory

 

The flag came too quickly for that to happen. There couldn't have been enough time for: the play-separation/reaction-verbal reaction-yellow flag. I just don't see the physical possibility of that scenario.

Edited by Bluto

It looks like there was an extra downward motion of the foot that could be seen as a stomp/kick. I think he was just making sure his foot got free. But his body language was angry, which adds to the kick argument - especially if you're the official and have to make a spot judgement.

 

That's called "physics".

 

If there is no resistance as you pull your foot away quickly (for the "hurry-up" offense), the foot continues in an upward trajectory.

 

If someone holds on to your foot as you attempt to pull away quickly, that upward motion is interfered with, possibly (probably) altering the players balance - hence a change in the foot's direction (still at "hurry-up" speed).

Bottom line: LCA, has to be "that much better" than the Rams, and they weren't.

 

That includes the "mysterious" play selection/clock management at the end of the 1st half, where long passes were tried (unsuccessfully), very little time was used up, and Raceland was given the ball back with time to tack on an extra TD. If that doesn't happen, all of this talk about the officiating is moot.

 

... VERY frustrating. :irked:

The film clip may not tell the whole story although it is the focal point leading to an ejection. It seems like all ball games with high stakes and a close score have some form of controversy swirling around.

 

Personally, I hope this doesn’t taint a solid win by Raceland…I don’t think it will. Had the game been extended, LCA would probably have scored…if it extended a bit longer, Raceland would have answered. It was simply that type of ballgame.

 

The good news is, we, as fans of high school football, get to look forward to another chapter in this series. Enjoy this win Rams at least until Monday…then its back to work.

AND...I do agree, that he shouldn't have been thrown out for that particular play, but you can tell by his attitude (the way he tried to shake his foot to get Boyle's off of him) that is why the official probably made the call.

 

I'm sure we'll see the Eagles again in Round #3.

 

Whether he had "attitude" - I cannot read his mind. I will allow for that possibility.

 

However, there is also a legitimate explaination for that attitude: it's called "The Hurry-up Offense" - and it requires players to quickly extricate themselves from the end of the play and get back to the line of scrimmage ASAP.

Had the game been extended, LCA would probably have scored…if it extended a bit longer, Raceland would have answered. It was simply that type of ballgame.

 

Painter, I couldn't agree with you more. It's frustrating when "your turn" at the ball is "apparently" cut short, but I agree that it was going back and forth, and the issue would have been in doubt until the final gun/whistle.

 

Again, congrats, Rams, for a hard-fought reversal of "34-32"!!

Wow,the kid was trying to get back to run the next play,no way in the world was that a kick.The Raceland kid was holding on to slow him down and he just pulled his foot away......That was horrible to say the least!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.