Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 37 LCA 35

Featured Replies

That's called "physics".

 

If there is no resistance as you pull your foot away quickly (for the "hurry-up" offense), the foot continues in an upward trajectory.

 

If someone holds on to your foot as you attempt to pull away quickly, that upward motion is interfered with, possibly (probably) altering the players balance - hence a change in the foot's direction (still at "hurry-up" speed).

 

It's more than that. His foot was held. But, he flipped around facing the defender and jerked his foot upward (clearing it), then he added the downward motion - closer than necessary (to maintain balance) to the defender on the ground. This was a very close call, but not a game changer.

  • Replies 139
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I made that comment earlier.

 

[using my best "Darth Vader" voice] Apology....accepted.

Wow,the kid was trying to get back to run the next play,no way in the world was that a kick.The Raceland kid was holding on to slow him down and he just pulled his foot away......That was horrible to say the least!

 

Here we go again.

The film clip may not tell the whole story although it is the focal point leading to an ejection. It seems like all ball games with high stakes and a close score have some form of controversy swirling around.

 

Personally, I hope this doesn’t taint a solid win by Raceland…I don’t think it will. Had the game been extended, LCA would probably have scored…if it extended a bit longer, Raceland would have answered. It was simply that type of ballgame.

 

The good news is, we, as fans of high school football, get to look forward to another chapter in this series. Enjoy this win Rams at least until Monday…then its back to work.

 

 

Well said. :thumb:

It's more than that. His foot was held. But, he flipped around facing the defender and jerked his foot upward (clearing it), then he added the downward motion - closer than necessary (to maintain balance) to the defender on the ground. This was a very close call, but not a game changer.

 

How can you say that is not a game changer considering when it happened and losing a reciever?

Painter, I couldn't agree with you more. It's frustrating when "your turn" at the ball is "apparently" cut short, but I agree that it was going back and forth, and the issue would have been in doubt until the final gun/whistle.

 

Again, congrats, Rams, for a hard-fought reversal of "34-32"!!

 

I feel your pain Bluto...probably we all do. Anyone who has supported a sports team for any length of time has been through moments like this. But, just like the sun always comes up the next day, you guys will get through it as stinging as it may be. The good news is, both teams are still playing football and there is still much to look forward to.

It's more than that. His foot was held. But, he flipped around facing the defender and jerked his foot upward (clearing it), then he added the downward motion - closer than necessary (to maintain balance) to the defender on the ground. This was a very close call, but not a game changer.

 

C'mon, GB. Look how he's holding the foot/ankle RIGHT AGAINST his own helmet & facemask. ANY movement is going to look close to the head, because, by definition, it already IS close to the head - #11 is holding it there!!

 

What's he supposed to do? Wait there and say "pretty please let go of my foot" to #11? It's the HURRY-UP OFFENSE!! He's going to say (or at least, think) "let go of my stinkin' foot", and pull away as quickly as possible.

Maybe he was just looking at his shoes. He might want to buy some just like them.

C'mon, GB. Look how he's holding the foot/ankle RIGHT AGAINST his own helmet & facemask. ANY movement is going to look close to the head, because, by definition, it already IS close to the head - #11 is holding it there!!

 

What's he supposed to do? Wait there and say "pretty please let go of my foot" to #11? It's the HURRY-UP OFFENSE!! He's going to say (or at least, think) "let go of my stinkin' foot", and pull away as quickly as possible.

 

 

 

All I’m telling you is how it looks to me. I wasn’t there. All I have to work with is the video clip and other people’s comments. I don’t think the LCA player looks innocent - but I agree its a close call (said it 3 times now).

 

Raceland won what must have been a great ball game. This one is in the history books and I’m out of here – I have some celebrating to do. :D

I will not comment on the ejection since I personally havent seen the film and was not on that side but there was some major over dramatics on the penalities. The Independent reads 8 for 70 and 4 for 25. I think that is quite a bit of difference then several saying 16 penalties for LCA and two for Raceland.

 

That game could have gone either way and we all know it. Its two great football teams. There will always be a few that will say home cooking as well as its the refs fault. Frankly we need to remember we played four quarters of hard fought football not just one play.

 

LCA fans have always been very kind to us when we come to Lexington and I feel like we try and return the hospitality. I wish them the best of luck in the regular season of play.

 

 

To our moderators the Russell fan that just continuely leaves comments on all of our threads in the most negative of ways is why we are losing our bluegrass family. I have received several private messages that people have had it and would not return. We have not played Russell and I wish them all the best but heating the fire every game we play against teams we have good healthy competitive relationships with is not right.

Just wanted to note that the only "read" on the play I intended was whether LCA could appeal and allow #18 to play next week...

 

Raceland won the game... the best defensive team prevailed Friday evening... my hats off to the Rams! Two WELL played games in a row against LCA.

It's a great day to be a RAM. Congrats.

 

Amen, TGF great game. LCA I am sure they will get another shot at Raceland. But it wont be at Lexington. They will have to take the drive down 64 East to RT 23 baby. And we will {kept the lights on for them}.

Amen, TGF great game. LCA I am sure they will get another shot at Raceland. But it wont be at Lexington. They will have to take the drive down 64 East to RT 23 baby. And we will {kept the lights on for them}.

 

:lol: :lol:

 

 

All I can say is a paraphrase of Dr. Lazarus:

 

"By Grabthar's Hammer; by the sons of Warvan: we shall be AVENGED!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Extra credit given for anyone who identifies that quote. :D

Whether he had "attitude" - I cannot read his mind. I will allow for that possibility.

 

However, there is also a legitimate explaination for that attitude: it's called "The Hurry-up Offense" - and it requires players to quickly extricate themselves from the end of the play and get back to the line of scrimmage ASAP.

My point in reference to "attitude" was the fact that the kicking motion was towards the player's head (which can obviously be seen) instead of pulling away & not coming back towards the head. Raceland runs the same offense, so I understand your point, but still the motion was towards the head.

As I stated earlier, I don't think it affected the outcome, but LCA's penalities were very untimely for them being inside the final minute(s). Bluto, I agree with you on some of LCA's questionable play calling. I realize the personal foul penalty put them out of FG range, but why would you go over the middle instead of short slants or dump passes, which would then set you up for a FG, especially when you have two timeouts left? That is what suprised me the most.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.