Manual 48 Seneca 35

RowdyRedRam

Manual wins another close one.

Seneca had the ball down deep in the redzone with the score 42-35 and threw and int that Manual ran back for TD ending the game.

I was very impressed with Seneca's QB and there overall passing game. Number 10 for the Redskins throws a nice ball and played a great game all night long.

The game started off as a barn burner with Seneca scoring on their second play and Manual scoring on there first. Seneca lead at one point 28-14 in the second and the half time score was 28-21 Seneca. In the second half Manual scraped away at the score finally came wawy with it, I don't clearly remember the scoring breakdown but the fourth quarter was filled with TD's.

Defensively Manual has issues with the DB's. One player in particular had three TD's passed on him because the receiver outran him and the player tried to make an early play on the ball.

Manual played well offensively both in the passing and running game, especially #18 at WR, he made some very important rec.

Seneca played very tough, they need to show some more control as they had multiple personal fouls and one player ejected, I don't know that they are a great team, but I could see them giving any good team a scare.

An exciting game in general, though Manual can't keep giving up the big plays on defense. The defensive line was VERY poor at getting into the backfield and making tackles. Either the talent isn't there, or Seneca's QB was just that good at making them look bad (which is a possibility). The fact is, the defense needs to get better or else St. X and Male will be taking out their starters earlier than we'd want.

Harness was the man tonight. In a battle of two good QB's, Harness won IMO.

Seneca needs to get some more discipline, and if they do they could have a good season and as RRR said, put a scare on some good teams and just plain whip others.

My observation of Manual is a lack of adjustments by the coaches on the defensive side. They play a 4/4/3 defense, and against Seneca, the DBs needed help. Unless there is consistent pressure up front, it seems that the 3 DBs are too often in one on one situations and are being left out to dry. I don't know why they don't put 4 DBs back there, because the safeties can always come up in run support.