Question to our resident Christians

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? I am not disputing you, I just really want to know

I don't really know how to answer that. I mean, I believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and agree with many things in the Bible, but there are things I don't agree with. I still consider myself Christian.

I don't really know how to answer that. I mean, I believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and agree with many things in the Bible, but there are things I don't agree with. I still consider myself Christian.

I know that one thing we talked about is that the Church of Acts was a very communistic system, do you consider this to be wrong.

To be a Christian, you must have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and asked for forgiveness and His free gift of salvation. Nothing added to, nothing taken from.

Amen....."Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved"

There is no works that can save you, salvation is free.

Believe is in the Book of John 99 times.

Amen A.L., "Faith" in the Lord Jesus Christ is what Christians go on. "Believe" and "Faith" are imo are two key words for any Christian.

What I like to say is......God said it, I believe it and that's it.;)

OLD, thats right, no one is forced to believe the way I do. They have a choice given to them by my account...God. I'd never tell someone how they are thinking or how they are reading into things, but will show scripture and in Ezekiel 3:16 I'm told to do that and I'll recieve a blessing even if they choose to keep on the darken path.

Even a loved one and I have a few I just show what is written.

OLD, thats right, no one is forced to believe the way I do. They have a choice given to them by my account...God. I'd never tell someone how they are thinking or how they are reading into things, but will show scripture and in Ezekiel 3:16 I'm told to do that and I'll recieve a blessing even if they choose to keep on the darken path.

Even a loved one and I have a few I just show what is written.

AL will you agree with me that while we both are trying our hardest to live a life that Christ wants, there is something that we will have wrong. If not, it would mean that we think like God thinks 100% of the time and I don't think any human being can do that.

AL will you agree with me that while we both are trying our hardest to live a life that Christ wants, there is something that we will have wrong. If not, it would mean that we think like God thinks 100% of the time and I don't think any human being can do that.
Your question wasn't for me but I agree. As a Christian I always try to do the right things and lead a good example but there are times that I don't. We all come up short in that area I believe. There is only ONE pefect man and that is Jesus Christ.

One phrase that I have heard and like is "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven". ;)

Yes, by all means. Today we left Church and as I was driving down the highway some guy turned right on red right in front of me. Now Momma is in the front seat since her may 21st accident and I had to get next to this nut and well I don't cuss or use any fingers but I gave a very long/hard look and if she wasn't with me...well she was and I didn't. So Amen to your question