UK fans: Why do you think the 'Cats are above criticism and/or lampooning?

Jim Schue

Thankfully there are an infinitely greater number of UK fans than haters every place I go, including this great site, so we just drown them out while they spew their jealousy and consider the source.

DOH!

Edited by Jim Schue
Post changed because I had a brain fart …

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one. :lol: :rolleyes:

And I'd really love to know where this mythical place is in Kentucky where you go and find more UK haters than fans. Sorry man, it's like the phrase "good Garth Brooks song" — it doesn't exist.

Umm, he said everywhere he goes, he finds more fans than haters....

And I'd really love to know where this mythical place is in Kentucky where you go and find more UK haters than fans. Sorry man, it's like the phrase "good Garth Brooks song" — it doesn't exist.

I am sure there are a few small cult-like areas in the Ville where these condemned souls conspire to overthrow the Big Blue Nation! :D

What color is the sky in your world?

If you think for one second that there are not more UK fans in this state than any other school, or on this site for that matter, you need a dose of reality. Start a UK fan vs hater poll and see what you get. I bet you already know the answer.

What color is the sky in your world?

If you think for one second that there are not more Uk fans in this state than any other school, or on this site for that matter, you need a dose of reality. Start a UK fan vs hater poll and see what you get. I bet you already know the answer.

I misread your post! It happens. Even I drift slightly away from perfection on occasion … :lol:

While I can take a joke when it comes to UK, I'll admit it stings a little when people take shots at the program. I think the main reason for this is much for the same reason that people so vehemently defend their religion. It's hard to take jokes about something that you hold in such high regard. You don't want to admit that there could be a flaw in something you believe is so perfect.

Honestly, I'm guilty of this sometimes. I can dish it out but not take it. I'm of the belief that UK is the greatest basketball program there is and nothing you say will ever change my mind. Nothing that ever happens from here on out could ever change that opinion in me. So the more I look at it, the more it really is like a state religion. Wrong or right, it is what it is. Count me as an adherent.

So that excuses it? Stop shifting the blame. Just because "everybody else does it" (something I'm skeptical of), doesn't excuse the lunacy.

And the guy on the "Wilt Chamberlain" site said that while he lampoons anybody and everybody, the response is always swift, furious and overwhelming when UK is the subject of jabs. There are people in this state, and probably on this site, who would love to beat me up just because I would dare write something unflattering about UK. Don't act like that's not the case.

:lol:

So true...So true.

There are people in this state, and probably on this site, who would love to beat me up just because I would dare write something unflattering about UK. Don't act like that's not the case.

Just how big an ol' boy are ya? :fight: