Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK fans: Why do you think the 'Cats are above criticism and/or lampooning?

Featured Replies

I love how "UK fans" are always lumped into one big idiotic category.

Call it out when you see it over laughing it off. Make a difference OR... :D

  • Replies 140
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Call it out when you see it over laughing it off. Make a difference OR... :D

 

Eh, I'd rather not bother. People will be people.

Eh, I'd rather not bother. People will be people.

And perception will be reality...

  • Author
You don't want to know... :lol: :lol:

 

Yeah, but I got a quick first step and a deceptive jab ...

  • Author
...

 

I no longer sport a ponytail, thank you very much. :p

  • Author
Eh, I'd rather not bother. People will be people.

 

So, you don't think somebody posted a link to the "Wilt Chamberlain" site's story on TCP, prompting the carpet-bombing of venom to the blog? I'll bet I can find it very quickly ...

After so much ridicule and negative bias toward my cats, I simply stop buying the magazine, hitting the blog or site, turn off the radio, and spread the word like a virus. I simply choose to stop paying money or attention to things I don't like to hear about my cats. I know I am only 1 faithful fan, but if enough of us stop paying for the opions we don't like sooner or later one of two things will happen. One, articles and or opinions will change, or two the writer will. Bottom line is controvesy sells and we fall into that trap. Unfortunatly many of us react and speak so fast to things we disagree with that we don't actually hear our own words.

  • Author
After so much ridicule and negative bias toward my cats, I simply stop buying the magazine, hitting the blog or site, turn off the radio, and spread the word like a virus. I simply choose to stop paying money or attention to things I don't like to hear about my cats. I know I am only 1 faithful fan, but if enough of us stop paying for the opions we don't like sooner or later one of two things will happen. One, articles and or opinions will change, or two the writer will. Bottom line is controvesy sells and we fall into that trap. Unfortunatly many of us react and speak so fast to things we disagree with that we don't actually hear our own words.

 

Must be a cold, lonely little bubble you've constructed for yourself. You must've been among the large bunch who angrily canceled their subscription to the Herald-Leader when they dared to break the story about UK's cheating back in the late '80s.

Oh, only tens of thousands of message board posts. Not to mention the steady stream of hate mail that comes into the desks of columnists such as Mark Story, Rick Bozich, etc., whenever they dare to rile the Wildcat faithful.

 

The problem I have with media members like Mark Story, John Clay, and Rick Bozich is their knee-jerk reaction columns. I for one am learning more and more about being patient. I thought that Brooks was not going to get it done in football and he proved me wrong. All those columnists were calling for his head making thing worse. Now, we hire a new coach. Our roster isn't that strong to begin with on top of having a ton of injuries and we really turned it around the 2nd part of the season. Up until Christmas all those columnists were all but calling for Gillispie's head. That was just silly IMO not to give him more of chance. Then they probably over-praised him when things went really well to be honest with you. :lol:

 

My question is this for Jim Schue. Why just criticize UK so heavy all the time? I don't see you starting threads about issues you have with other schools and the way they go about doing things.

Sure UK has some fans like this, but every fanbase has fans like this.

  • Author

 

My question is this for Jim Schue. Why just criticize UK so heavy all the time? I don't see you starting threads about issues you have with other schools and the way they go about doing things.

 

A good writer knows his audience. My audience is not Arizona fans. But this thread isn't about me, so don't change the subject. :p:lol:

  • Author
Sure UK has some fans like this, but every fanbase has fans like this.

 

Other fans don't carpet-bomb blogs or message boards en masse the way UK fans do when they feel slighted. Did you not read the response by the blogger on the "Wilt Chamberlain" site marveling at the massive negative response to his original article? Also, other fans don't post rallying cries on message boards imploring fellow fans to send in hate mail the way we see on TCP, and to a lesser degree, on here.

Clearly, the venomous reaction to the satirical article about UK on that "Wilt Chamberlain" site shows that a great deal of you do. So let's hear it: Why can't you guys take a joke when it comes to UK hoops and why is it so hard to hear/read criticism of the UK hoops program? Why so hypersensitive?

 

A prime example of the Contrarian fan! We have a passionate fan base I think that is a positive quality! BTW, what is your favorite college team?

  • Author
A prime example of the Contrarian fan! We have a passionate fan base I think that is a positive quality! BTW, what is your favorite college team?

 

Go Cards!

 

But there is a fine line between passion and lunacy, and many UK fans jump from one side to the other with alarming regularity.

Go Cards!

 

But there is a fine line between passion and lunacy, and many UK fans jump from one side to the other with alarming regularity.

 

Have you ever been around Alabama football fans, North Carolina Basketball fans, LSU football fans? They have the same amount of passion and at times can be crazier!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.