Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK fans: Why do you think the 'Cats are above criticism and/or lampooning?

Featured Replies

That 18% joke was the best I ever made. It's never going to die.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please show me your data showing that 18% (or more since you think thats a conservative number) of UK fans are crazy, but a far smaller percentage of UofL fans are.
That's funny, because we do have an empirical basis for the 18%, since it comes from polling data. In 2003 (I think, maybe '04) 18% of UK fans stated that UK's biggest rivalry wasn't with Louisville, Indiana, Florida, or Tennessee, but instead was with Duke, which I dryly noted proves that 18% of UK fans are bat-crap insane.

If it's just 18% that's pretty good for our insane fans. What do we play Duke every 3 or 4 years or so. Now if the question was what team do you hate the most I could understand it.

  • Author
That 18% joke was the best I ever made. It's never going to die.

 

Not if I can help it. :D:thumb:

That's funny, because we do have an empirical basis for the 18%, since it comes from polling data. In 2003 (I think, maybe '04) 18% of UK fans stated that UK's biggest rivalry wasn't with Louisville, Indiana, Florida, or Tennessee, but instead was with Duke, which I dryly noted proves that 18% of UK fans are bat-crap insane.

 

:laugh: I missed that poll but that 18% is way off!

That's funny, because we do have an empirical basis for the 18%, since it comes from polling data. In 2003 (I think, maybe '04) 18% of UK fans stated that UK's biggest rivalry wasn't with Louisville, Indiana, Florida, or Tennessee, but instead was with Duke, which I dryly noted proves that 18% of UK fans are bat-crap insane.

 

PRICELESS!

Can you name a team that has at least 7 national titles that doesn't have some lunatic fans?!

 

Wait I can answer my own question: North Car (wait a second, I don't think they meet the criteria), Louis (nope), Indi (nope), maybe Duk (no, they don't either). Okay the only team I can think of is UCLA, but who has time to get on message boards and complain when you live in a place where it is always great weather, you are close to the ocean, and there is so much to do!

Seeing how a lot of people are posting random numbers in this thread I think I will post some random numbers as well. 48,49, 51, 58. 78, 96, 98.

I love how "UK fans" are always lumped into one big idiotic category.

 

Most of them being students at UK...

 

 

(Not you, OR).

  • Author
Can you name a team that has at least 7 national titles that doesn't have some lunatic fans?!

 

Wait I can answer my own question: North Car (wait a second, I don't think they meet the criteria), Louis (nope), Indi (nope), maybe Duk (no, they don't either). Okay the only team I can think of is UCLA, but who has time to get on message boards and complain when you live in a place where it is always great weather, you are close to the ocean, and there is so much to do!

 

Seeing how a lot of people are posting random numbers in this thread I think I will post some random numbers as well. 48,49, 51, 58. 78, 96, 98.

 

This is another classic example of changing the subject to excuse the behavior.

 

But anyway, do you somehow think the NCs somehow means Kentucky is above lampooning or criticism? I bet you get pretty steamed at the slightest negative word, perceived or intended, about UK ... :D

I think its funny how UK fans get blasted for having an unmatched level of pride. IMO its something UK fans should embrace not defend. I personally think UK fans are a great representation of America as a whole, Americans are notorious for having a lot of pride in their country and outside of this country are perceived as arrogant, obnoxious and too sensitive. I say to those who criticize UK fans for being too sensitive or obnoxious consider yourself French…

  • Author
I think its funny how UK fans get blasted for having an unmatched level of pride. IMO its something UK fans should embrace not defend. I personally think UK fans are a great representation of America as a whole, Americans are notorious for having a lot of pride in their country and outside of this country are perceived as arrogant, obnoxious and too sensitive. I say to those who criticize UK fans for being too sensitive or obnoxious consider yourself French…

 

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You've equated those who would criticize UK fans as being un-American. Classic ... :lol:

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You've equated those who would criticize UK fans as being un-American. Classic ... :lol:

 

The last sentence is a joke, sorry for shooting a little over your head;)... its obvious that I don't think those who criticize UK fans are un-American. I do however think UK fans and Americans are viewed the same by those on the outside, and having too much pride is nothing to apologize for.

Without a demanding fan base UK might not have 7 national titles.

Without a demanding fan base UK might not have 7 national titles.

The "insane fan base" era only has two... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.