UK fans: Why do you think the 'Cats are above criticism and/or lampooning?

Jim Schue

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show me your data showing that 18% (or more since you think thats a conservative number) of UK fans are crazy, but a far smaller percentage of UofL fans are.
That's funny, because we do have an empirical basis for the 18%, since it comes from polling data. In 2003 (I think, maybe '04) 18% of UK fans stated that UK's biggest rivalry wasn't with Louisville, Indiana, Florida, or Tennessee, but instead was with Duke, which I dryly noted proves that 18% of UK fans are bat-crap insane.

That's funny, because we do have an empirical basis for the 18%, since it comes from polling data. In 2003 (I think, maybe '04) 18% of UK fans stated that UK's biggest rivalry wasn't with Louisville, Indiana, Florida, or Tennessee, but instead was with Duke, which I dryly noted proves that 18% of UK fans are bat-crap insane.

:laugh: I missed that poll but that 18% is way off!

PRICELESS!

Can you name a team that has at least 7 national titles that doesn't have some lunatic fans?!

Wait I can answer my own question: North Car (wait a second, I don't think they meet the criteria), Louis (nope), Indi (nope), maybe Duk (no, they don't either). Okay the only team I can think of is UCLA, but who has time to get on message boards and complain when you live in a place where it is always great weather, you are close to the ocean, and there is so much to do!

Can you name a team that has at least 7 national titles that doesn't have some lunatic fans?!

Wait I can answer my own question: North Car (wait a second, I don't think they meet the criteria), Louis (nope), Indi (nope), maybe Duk (no, they don't either). Okay the only team I can think of is UCLA, but who has time to get on message boards and complain when you live in a place where it is always great weather, you are close to the ocean, and there is so much to do!

Seeing how a lot of people are posting random numbers in this thread I think I will post some random numbers as well. 48,49, 51, 58. 78, 96, 98.

This is another classic example of changing the subject to excuse the behavior.

But anyway, do you somehow think the NCs somehow means Kentucky is above lampooning or criticism? I bet you get pretty steamed at the slightest negative word, perceived or intended, about UK ... :D

I think its funny how UK fans get blasted for having an unmatched level of pride. IMO its something UK fans should embrace not defend. I personally think UK fans are a great representation of America as a whole, Americans are notorious for having a lot of pride in their country and outside of this country are perceived as arrogant, obnoxious and too sensitive. I say to those who criticize UK fans for being too sensitive or obnoxious consider yourself French…

I think its funny how UK fans get blasted for having an unmatched level of pride. IMO its something UK fans should embrace not defend. I personally think UK fans are a great representation of America as a whole, Americans are notorious for having a lot of pride in their country and outside of this country are perceived as arrogant, obnoxious and too sensitive. I say to those who criticize UK fans for being too sensitive or obnoxious consider yourself French…

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You've equated those who would criticize UK fans as being un-American. Classic ... :lol:

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You've equated those who would criticize UK fans as being un-American. Classic ... :lol:

The last sentence is a joke, sorry for shooting a little over your head;)... its obvious that I don't think those who criticize UK fans are un-American. I do however think UK fans and Americans are viewed the same by those on the outside, and having too much pride is nothing to apologize for.