UK fans: Why do you think the 'Cats are above criticism and/or lampooning?

Jim Schue

Clearly, the venomous reaction to the satirical article about UK on that "Wilt Chamberlain" site shows that a great deal of you do. So let's hear it: Why can't you guys take a joke when it comes to UK hoops and why is it so hard to hear/read criticism of the UK hoops program? Why so hypersensitive?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said they're above criticism?

Oh, only tens of thousands of message board posts. Not to mention the steady stream of hate mail that comes into the desks of columnists such as Mark Story, Rick Bozich, etc., whenever they dare to rile the Wildcat faithful.

Oh, only tens of thousands of message board posts. Not to mention the steady stream of hate mail that comes into the desks of columnists such as Mark Story, Rick Bozich, etc., whenever they dare to rile the Wildcat faithful.

I think you're pretty naive if you think it's only UK fans that send "hate mail' as you call it to columnists...

If criticism is warranted, or based on facts I have no problem with it. Let's take this past season as an example. It's been said on here before, but Gillispie was criticised repeatedly for his hard practices, and when Pitino was here he was praised for how hard he made the players work. Now the only difference I saw was the opinion of the writer.

If criticism is warranted, or based on facts I have no problem with it. Let's take this past season as an example. It's been said on here before, but Gillispie was criticised repeatedly for his hard practices, and when Pitino was here he was praised for how hard he made the players work. Now the only difference I saw was the opinion of the writer.

I don't recall hearing Pitino running full practices on the day of games...

Oscars comment was on one of the pregame shows and they were questioning all the rumors. Oscar said he had talked to Bill Keightley and was told there had only been one full bore practice on a game day.

Oscars comment was on one of the pregame shows and they were questioning all the rumors. Oscar said he had talked to Bill Keightley and was told there had only been one full bore practice on a game day.
...that they admit to.