Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can Bell Co. be beat?

Featured Replies

Can anyone in 4-A district 7 upset Bell Co this year? Also, rank the district in the order you think it will go. Here is my objective picks:

 

1) Bell Co.

2) Knox Central

3) Rockcastle

4) McCreary Central

5) Madison Southern

 

Also, please talk about the possibility of upsets within this district or teams you think are capable of upsets. I will go first:

 

Obviously I think KC is capable but I also think that McCreary may surprise someone. I think MC has the potential to upset people if they deal with the little things that have haunted them in the past. They went 5-5 last year and 4 of their losses could have went the other way with a little more preperation, discipline and limiting the times they lacked of focus (aka: meltdowns). I can tell you from what I have witnessed since the end of last season; the coaching staff has the players focused and working hard! Good luck to everyone!

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not in their districts but I know a team that use to beat them in the 3a semi's couple of times from up north!!!!! And I'm not talking about Highlands..

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Maybe not in their districts but I know a team that use to beat them in the 3a semi's couple of times from up north!!!!! And I'm not talking about Highlands..

 

I am not trying to argue with you, but who? I know CovCath beat Bell a few times and Belfry beat Bell a couple times and Bell beat Belfry a few times also.

I am not nieve enough to say no one in the district can beat Bell, but Bell will be the heavy favorite. They return most of the team and have a ton of experience. The only problem is if some of the boys become complacant and don't improve on how they have been playing.

 

Coach Mills does a great job with KC and they are going to be very good as well IMO. I Guess with Rock there are just so many unknowns with the new coach and they aren't coming off a typical great season for Rock.

Bell might win there district but will have a tough road through out the playoffs, especially against teams like Lex Cath, Boyle, and Harrison... depending on who will win each respective playoff game

  • Author
Bell might win there district but will have a tough road through out the playoffs, especially against teams like Lex Cath, Boyle, and Harrison... depending on who will win each respective playoff game

 

Please, I am looking for responses that deal only with 4-A district 7. We can worry about the other potential playoff games towards the end of the season. Thank you and let's here those responses about 4-A district 7.

Possibly KC. Not saying definitely, but KC would be the group to have the best shot at beating the 'Cats, IMO.

An Athletic Panther team with some luck on their side could do it.

 

Rock has some adjusting to do with Larkey gone and the rest will just be speed bumps for Bell.

Possibly KC. Not saying definitely, but KC would be the group to have the best shot at beating the 'Cats, IMO.

An Athletic Panther team with some luck on their side could do it.

 

Rock has some adjusting to do with Larkey gone and the rest will just be speed bumps for Bell.

 

I agree that the Rock will have to adjust, but I think they will be okay. Their new head coach knows his stuff and he has a great staff around him.

I was just going by both transition and what the 3 teams had coming back from last year. I think Rock will be OK, just not beating Bell.

I agree that the Rock will have to adjust, but I think they will be okay. Their new head coach knows his stuff and he has a great staff around him.

 

Forgive me for not remembering, but who is Rock's new coach, where did he come from and what type of O does he run?

I think Bell is hands-down the favorite to win the district. K.C. is probably the #2 team there, I also expect Rock to slip from thier former status, you have down cycles from time to time and I think they are entering one.

Knox Central during the first two or three years of the Wayne Mills era, gave Bell all they wanted, nearly pulling the upset. However, in those days KC was hardly worth scouting or spending a lot of time prepping for and was able to catch Bell off guard. Those days are over. For Central to move beyond where they are now, they've got to improve on their scoring offense by adding some diversity to their attack. I've noticed that even Coach Hilton has realized that he can't just overpower teams because almost everyone works hard in the off season weightroom now. To Dudley's credit, he has realized that and adapted with the times.

I don't think it will be a walk in the park but I think Bell will sweep this district this season.

Knox Central should be pretty good, if not this season in the future, their middle school team played New Harlan and Bell tough last year. They have some big ole boys there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.