4.50 for a gal of gas

It went up to $3.95 today in Richmond.

I must be getting old. I can remember when the price of a gallon a gas was under 50 cents a gallon!

We must be about the same age.:D And a pack of cigarettes (I quit that habit shortly after high school) was 25 cents for my brand at the time, Marlboro.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It went up to $3.95 today in Richmond.

I must be getting old. I can remember when the price of a gallon a gas was under 50 cents a gallon!

I'm not that old and I remember paying .77 when I was in HS. And under a $1.00 less than 10 years ago.

• 3 years later...
I'm not that old and I remember paying .77 when I was in HS. And under a $1.00 less than 10 years ago.

I can remember when gas was under 50 cents a gallon. But everything was cheaper back in the '60's. A gallon of milk was about 40 cents, and a pop cost 10 cents. Candy bars were a nickle, as were a bag of potato chips. A pack of Marlboro cigarettes was a quarter.

Chicago is always more expensive like CA. I def see the speculators with a big run up in the spring with all the Iran tension. We are already at record highs for the months of Jan and Feb, it's going to be ugly this summer. Will probably average 4.00 for the summer. I wanted to get an Audi but don't wanna pay the luxury tax of premium each fill up.