4.50 for a gal of gas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will your reply be when he said to you "I, too, wait for the day when a PRIVATE BUSINESS creates cars that get 75 MPG. It will be exciting."

I would say, well maybe you need to fund the business that will create competition.

Oh yeah, please stop big oil and big auto lobbyist from buying up the technology and falsely claiming it dont work. Kind of like when they killed the electric car.

How much do you have to save per gallon to go to one place vs one that is closer and more convenient?

If the distance is reasonable, I'll go for 5 cents. But if the distance is more than 3 miles, I just go with what's closest. However, at 37 cents difference, and needing almost a full tank, I drove 62 miles today in the hopes it was still $3.32. :lol:

What will your reply be when he said to you "I, too, wait for the day when a PRIVATE BUSINESS creates cars that get 75 MPG. It will be exciting."

Or maybe since we sort of own GM, make them release a better engine at a reasonable price and people will buy it and in turn force the others to follow suit. I don't buy the old theory that people won't buy, people are always wanting a newer up to date vehicle whether it gets 10 or 100 mpg. The more money consumers can save on gas, the more money that will be spent elsewhere in the economy which will help job growth and businesses.

If it used to cost 50.00 to fill up and now it is 100.00, well that is 25.00 not be spent at a local restaurant and 25.00 not being spent on items a factory may make, which helps them keep producing and working.

I bet I eat out less and buy less stuff, as I bet a lot do.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

For those that want to legislate gas prices, what price is fair?

Considering the fact Oil caused the deep recession last time what do you suggest? 10 years ago it was what $10 dollars a barrel? Do you believe its fair the speculators run it up to make money? None of us have gone to a gas station since 9/11 and not been able to get gas, not a supply problem, far from it.

Considering the fact Oil caused the deep recession last time what do you suggest? 10 years ago it was what $10 dollars a barrel? Do you believe its fair the speculators run it up to make money? None of us have gone to a gas station since 9/11 and not been able to get gas, not a supply problem, far from it.

As i have repeated many times there is o shortage of oil. However, there is a shortage of cheap oil and it will not get any better. So what do you then propose?

There is a high likelihood that oil prices will once again cause severe economic conditions.

As i have repeated many times there is o shortage of oil. However, there is a shortage of cheap oil and it will not get any better. So what do you then propose?

There is a high likelihood that oil prices will once again cause severe economic conditions.

The speculators are choosing the price for oil. It's well known there is more than enough oil to last through yours and mye lifetime, its just a matter of who's gonna make a lot of money off something we all need.

The speculators are choosing the price for oil. It's well known there is more than enough oil to last through yours and mye lifetime, its just a matter of who's gonna make a lot of money off something we all need.

You are ignoring, again, the key point. Cheap oil is declining in supply. That and increasing demand throughout the world is driving the price.

See this article I posted n another thread today.

http://www.ragmag.co/cat/ragged-features/the-global-citizen-becomes-static