4.50 for a gal of gas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when they do it will be overpriced.

Doesn't that answer the "why they won't" question?

Are we saying a business has a responsibility to make a product that helps consumers but doesn't necessarily help their bottom line?

I've been playing chicken for months with gas prices, and only twice have I gotten burned.

The price points between Louisville and French Lick can be as much as .30 discrepant. So, I hedge my bets to get the lowest price. Twice this week I've beaten the price change here in French Lick. Monday, gas was $3.24 on my way to work, so I filled up. Gas was $3.59 in Louisville. I then was going to try to make it to Friday without filling up, because that's pay day. :D This morning, gas was $3.57 in Louisville, but GasBuddy was reporting $3.32 in French Lick, but the last update was 12 hours prior. So, I'm crossing my fingers it's still $3.32 as I drive to work. I get to Paoli, and it's $3.69, so my heart sinks. But, lo and behold, I get to French Lick, and the Marathon is still at $3.32! I leave, proceed to work, and the Huck's directly across the street is at $3.69. :lol: I do this every week. And I've only lost out twice so far. :D GasBuddy is my friend. :D

Doesn't that answer the "why they won't" question?

Are we saying a business has a responsibility to make a product that helps consumers but doesn't necessarily help their bottom line?

Nope. Just saying that when a business makes a product that helps consumers and charges too much for it don't be surprised when the consumer says thanks....but no thanks. I wouldn't pay an extra 10K+ for 10 more MPG.

I've been playing chicken for months with gas prices, and only twice have I gotten burned.

The price points between Louisville and French Lick can be as much as .30 discrepant. So, I hedge my bets to get the lowest price. Twice this week I've beaten the price change here in French Lick. Monday, gas was $3.24 on my way to work, so I filled up. Gas was $3.59 in Louisville. I then was going to try to make it to Friday without filling up, because that's pay day. :D This morning, gas was $3.57 in Louisville, but GasBuddy was reporting $3.32 in French Lick, but the last update was 12 hours prior. So, I'm crossing my fingers it's still $3.32 as I drive to work. I get to Paoli, and it's $3.69, so my heart sinks. But, lo and behold, I get to French Lick, and the Marathon is still at $3.32! I leave, proceed to work, and the Huck's directly across the street is at $3.69. :lol: I do this every week. And I've only lost out twice so far. :D GasBuddy is my friend. :D

Good to see you living on the edge. :lol:

Is GasBuddy an app? I frequently drive to ETown and generally lose when playing chicken with the gas prices.

What exactly would we be asking?

Here is what I would say:

Mr. President, we have a lot of technology dont we.

He would say Yes we do, the best in the world.

I would then say we have nuclear submarines, stealth bombers, nuclear weapons, we have space shuttles, we have remote drones that are operated from 1,000s of miles away, we can spot a quarter on heads or tails from space with satellites, we can go to mars and analyze the dirt.

So with so much technology why cant we make engines for cars that get 75 mpg, especially a mini van or suv?

He would say, well as you know we are currently working with congress on a bill that would help clean energy and be able to drill offshore to get more oil and my health care plan should put more money in pockets of workers, plus job creation is working. (pretty much by pass question)

Here is what I would say:

Mr. President, we have a lot of technology dont we.

He would say Yes we do, the best in the world.

I would then say we have nuclear submarines, stealth bombers, nuclear weapons, we have space shuttles, we have remote drones that are operated from 1,000s of miles away, we can spot a quarter on heads or tails from space with satellites, we can go to mars and analyze the dirt.

So with so much technology why cant we make engines for cars that get 75 mpg, especially a mini van or suv?

He would say, well as you know we are currently working with congress on a bill that would help clean energy and be able to drill offshore to get more oil and my health care plan should put more money in pockets of workers, plus job creation is working. (pretty much by pass question)

What will your reply be when he said to you "I, too, wait for the day when a PRIVATE BUSINESS creates cars that get 75 MPG. It will be exciting."