March 21, 200818 yr Nice effort from the Cats. What more can you ask for? The loss of Patterson was too much to overcome in this one. Hits the nail right on the head. Normally a first round loss would kill me but with a new coach, all the injuries and the early losses; I am satisfied with the season. Additionally, for three years I really thought Bradley was mostly mouth and Crawford was lazy and selfish and only cared about himself. I credit the coach for a great change of attitude. I surprise myself when I realize not only will I miss those two but they realized their potential. Good luck to both of them and I have great hope for the future.
March 21, 200818 yr As of 5:00 EST... I believe UK is a better team. Although Joe and Ramel will be greatly missed.
March 21, 200818 yr As of 5:00 EST... I believe UK is a better team. Although Joe and Ramel will be greatly missed. I'm not sure what you're saying. If you're saying UK is better because Joe C and Smooth are not on the team, I'd completely disagree.
March 21, 200818 yr I'm not sure what you're saying. If you're saying UK is better because Joe C and Smooth are not on the team, I'd completely disagree. Better cause were getting Patterson back and Meeks. Also, giving the underclassman a year under BCG, and adding 3 very talented guards. It was a rough but memorable season for the Cats this year.
March 21, 200818 yr I'm not sure what you're saying. If you're saying UK is better because Joe C and Smooth are not on the team, I'd completely disagree. As of right now, I don't see how we will be a better team next year. The freshman are really going to have to step up big time, for us to to be better next year IMO. The lost of Crawford and Bradley will hurt more than most people realize IMO.
March 21, 200818 yr Better cause were getting Patterson back and Meeks. Also, giving the underclassman a year under BCG, and adding 3 very talented guards. It was a rough but memorable season for the Cats this year. Next year, there will be two scoring options and only 2 which makes me nervous. If Perry starts, we're playing 4 on 5 offensively. UK will miss Joe C and Smooth.
March 21, 200818 yr I have enjoyed UK basketball more this season than I have in several years. I am truly looking forward to next year.
March 21, 200818 yr I have enjoyed UK basketball more this season than I have in several years. I am truly looking forward to next year. :thumb:Same here. This season has been better than any of the last seven or eight years.
March 21, 200818 yr :thumb:Same here. This season has been better than any of the last seven or eight years. Wow I wouldn't go that far with it. I know I definitely enjoyed the 2002 through 2005 seasons more than this one. I just think that since the 06 and 07 teams didn't play with much heart at all, it really made this season enjoyable. But lets not get carried away and say this was better than any of the last 7 or 8 years. I think you forget how much fun it was to watch some of the teams I mentioned. Especially the 2003 team.
March 21, 200818 yr Next season Billy G has got to stress the importance of Boxing out...I know at one time today the cats gave up 16 points on second shots...I understand if it's a long rebound,but there is no excuse for giving up rebounds in and around the paint... If you don't expect this when you start a conveted point guard at the 4 position, then you are crazy. UK has majorly overachieved since PP went down. I hope that BCG can continiue to build scoring confidence into Jasper, we will definately need that. I think that BCG's strongpoint is understanding his players. Early in the season, Crawford was being lazy, so he benched him and made him realize what he needed to do to be great, same with Bradley. On a flip side, I think that he realizes Stephenson and Jasper needs lots of reassurance and confidence and thus every time he talks about Jasper he talks about how special he is and talented. I think that even though everyone hated seeing Coury start all those games, BCG realized it took the pressure off Stephenson and allowd him to come into the game in a more comfortable state. I think that BCG is a gonna do really good things here.
March 21, 200818 yr Everybody is right in better tema won, but Kentucky playe well. Crawford really has stepped up, just a shame it tookt him 3 1/2 years to play like he has been capable of since he has been at Uk. Two keys to the game, which was already mentioned, speed and rebounding. Marquette used their speed to get the baseline several times, which is a no no in basketball. One thing I hope improves this summer is free throw shooting of Jasper. I believe that would improve his game so much. For exapmple in the final minute Kentucky was down five, and Jasper tried to force it to Bradley or Crawford adn hit Bradley in the head. I believe if he knew he could shoot some foul shots he would be a lot quicker in taking the ball to the basket. Overall though great season, and these guys played hard and I got to respect that.
March 21, 200818 yr :thumb:Same here. This season has been better than any of the last seven or eight years. Yea I would hate #1 seeds and 30 win seasons ,SEC titles ,and Elite eights too! That type of failure is unbearable. I really enjoy 13 loss seasons with 1st round bounce outs in the SEC an NCAA!!!
March 21, 200818 yr Yea I would hate #1 seeds and 30 win seasons ,SEC titles ,and Elite eights too! That type of failure is unbearable. I really enjoy 13 loss seasons with 1st round bounce outs in the SEC an NCAA!!! The difference is at least we're now going in the right direction. This was no "team turmoil" or any of that garbage, it was a lot of heart and perseverance and I would take that anyday.
March 21, 200818 yr I am really disappointed in yesterdays game. I really thought UK could win one game in the tournament.
March 21, 200818 yr I think Jasper, Harris, and Miller are all potential perimeter threats. Jasper a perimeter threat....I wish he was, but he is not confident and doesn't take it enough. Very little improvement from last year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.