March 20, 200818 yr I wanted to make a separate post on the efforts of J. Crawford today. Crawford went down basically carrying this team on his shoulders and time after time making incredible shots to keep the Cats in it. R. Bradley also deserves mention as the other senior leader of this team. Bradley has been incredible as well with his play this season and especially starting with around the "conference" part of the schedule. These U.K. Seniors left it all out on the floor. So, Joe and Ramael thanks for your time an years at U.K. and as always around the Wildcat Nation..........."Once A Wildcat, Always A Wildcat":ylsuper:. Good luck to both in whatever they do in the future.:thumb::thumb:
March 20, 200818 yr It's also very difficult to win with only two legitimate scoring threats. No one else was able to get anything going today and that was the difference, IMO. What a gutty performance by Crawford--no one could question his heart today!
March 20, 200818 yr I don't think the speed had much to do with it. I mean they seemed to deal with that just fine. It was just Marquette out rebounding us, that really killed UK. If UK boxes out and rebounds the ball, then they win the game. Instead they let Marquette get second chance points all day long. :thumb::thumb: At one point Marquette had 14 offensive rebounds....if they only convert half of those into buckets... that's 14 points. You can't expect to win giving up rebs like that.
March 20, 200818 yr :thumb::thumb: At one point Marquette had 14 offensive rebounds....if they only convert half of those into buckets... that's 14 points. You can't expect to win giving up rebs like that. :thumb:
March 20, 200818 yr It's also very difficult to win with only two legitimate scoring threats. No one else was able to get anything going today and that was the difference, IMO. What a gutty performance by Crawford--no one could question his heart today! Crawford played great today! But I think people need to give Bradley a lot of credit today as well. He also played a great game, and made huge shots for us as well. Both seniors went out with great game, and making big plays.
March 20, 200818 yr I'm very proud of the Cats..They gave it all they had but just didn't have the talent in place. I hope the "haters" enjoyed this season because with BCG at the helm things will be changing. Go WKU and UofL!!!
March 20, 200818 yr I picked Marquette by 10, so I guess UK still exceeded my expectations. I'm obviously disappointed with the end result, but considering where they came from, weak SEC or not, I'm still proud of the team and hopeful for the future. As for this game, as was said, you simply can't have so much of the scoring coming from so few. It's a testament to how unconscious Crawford was that he still scored, because most of his shots were incredibly contested. The boards was another reason UK fell short. They simply couldn't get rebounds when they needed them.
March 20, 200818 yr The lost of PP really came to play in this game, but the Cats still battle them (Marquette) to the end. Proud of the Cats, 18-13 final record,could have been much worse. Marquette has a really good team, good luck to them vs Stanford Sat.
March 20, 200818 yr Great effort, bad result. Really missed PP today of all days. Hope Meeks and PP heal up and are ready for next year. Best of luck to Smooth and Joe for the rest of their lives! I think that BCG will have us back and solid before we know it!
March 20, 200818 yr I don't think the speed had much to do with it. I mean they seemed to deal with that just fine. It was just Marquette out rebounding us, that really killed UK. If UK boxes out and rebounds the ball, then they win the game. Instead they let Marquette get second chance points all day long. I think the speed was an issue. All game Marquette was able to take UK to the hole, but UK had players helping out in blocking shots that kept it close. The rebounding was also a big problem. Other than that UK played well.
March 20, 200818 yr BG; Please go find a shooting guard! Please. Wonder how the team would fair if Tubby would have recruited Lofton and Nelter? Two fine Kentucky school athletes underneath the former coach's nose.
March 20, 200818 yr ^ Here we go again.... Hate to see it end for Crawford and Bradley but what a performance Crawford put on. On to next season Billy G. Get to work this team needs some help on the perimeter. The better team won this game.
March 20, 200818 yr I wanted to make a separate post on the efforts of J. Crawford today. Crawford went down basically carrying this team on his shoulders and time after time making incredible shots to keep the Cats in it. R. Bradley also deserves mention as the other senior leader of this team. Bradley has been incredible as well with his play this season and especially starting with around the "conference" part of the schedule. These U.K. Seniors left it all out on the floor. So, Joe and Ramael thanks for your time an years at U.K. and as always around the Wildcat Nation..........."Once A Wildcat, Always A Wildcat":ylsuper:. Good luck to both in whatever they do in the future.:thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb:
March 20, 200818 yr BG; Please go find a shooting guard! Please. Wonder how the team would fair if Tubby would have recruited Lofton and Nelter? Two fine Kentucky school athletes underneath the former coach's nose. Much worse. I'm sure BCG will sign another guy or two, but I'm liking how next year looks Starters: Jasper Meeks Harris Stevenson Patterson Bench: Galloway Liggins Miller Stewart Thats a potentially solid team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.