Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marquette 74 Kentucky 66

Featured Replies

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Crawford for playing a great game, but the better team won.

Final

 

I know you're loving this.

 

I have to give Kentucky credit though. They fought the whole game and man what a performance by Joe Crawford. What a way to end your last game as a senior.

 

35 points in the NCAA tourney is quite an accomplishment. It's only fitting he ties his career record for most points scored in a game in his last game as a Wildcat.

  • Author
I know you're loving this.

Only b/c I picked it correctly on my brackets.:thumb:

I was hard on BG all year, some of it deserved after those early season losses. But no one can question the heart and toughness this team has shown despite more than their fair share of setbacks. Before the season started, a first round exit would be a big time disappointment, no way you can say that now considering how everything played out.

 

Going to be an interesting to see how things will play out next year with PP returning.

Crawford was defintly the best player on the floor.

Joe Crawford did everything that he could to try to win this game. Hats off to him on a great career as a Wildcat!

Congrats to Crawford for playing a great game, but the better team won.

 

I agree. I'm glad to see Crawford go out with a big game. I appreciate Bradley's heart. I love how hard the Cats played down the stretch something they didn't do in the Tubby years. I'm excited we are finally getting top recruites coming in. I hate that Patterson didn't make it through the season.

I'm excited about the future of the program! I might make a trip to Lex to buy coach a drink:lol: I love how hard he had the kids playing down the stretch!

Final

 

As my good friend Baseballguy once said:

 

:thumb:

 

 

Ahh yes...Today was great, yesterday was great, and the rest of this weekend will be great. I'm at the Sweet Sixteen, it doesn't get much better than that. Now if my Bulldogs can get past that scrapy Paintsville bunch, I guess it could get a lil better. Are we really good friends?:argue:

I know you're loving this.

 

I have to give Kentucky credit though. They fought the whole game and man what a performance by Joe Crawford. What a way to end your last game as a senior.

 

35 points in the NCAA tourney is quite an accomplishment. It's only fitting he ties his career record for most points scored in a game in his last game as a Wildcat.

 

 

I could be wrong but the only UK performances I can think of by a Cat in the NCAA that might measure with Crawford's points would be:

 

Issel 44 vs. Notre Dame in '70

Prince with 42 (?) vs. Tulsa in '02 (?)

Givens with 41 vs. Duke in the NCAA Final of '78.

 

Grevey had 34 or 35 vs. UCLA in the NCAA Final I think in '75.

 

Hats off to this UK team's finish. If these guys had played like this the first couple of months they might have won a few more games earlier on. Still great job and one of the most improved UK teams I've seen from start of the year to finish.

I was hard on BG all year, some of it deserved after those early season losses. But no one can question the heart and toughness this team has shown despite more than their fair share of setbacks. Before the season started, a first round exit would be a big time disappointment, no way you can say that now considering how everything played out.

 

Going to be an interesting to see how things will play out next year with PP returning.

 

Still like to see a zone from BG!!!! I ? him at times this year but during SEC he did a fine job...with three players then with 2. With only two players that could score on this floor and they won games that way give him credit.

Crawford - 35

Bradley - 19

Stevenson -10

Porter - 2

 

Only three Cats have FG's and only four score............had to have something offensively from Harris and Jasper to win. Great effort from Crawford who carried the Cats offensively.

 

Marquette made some big shots and hit most of their FT's down the stretch to win. They have a gritty team that really gets after it and hustles, you have to appreciate the way they play.

Congrats to the Golden Eagles. Joe and Ramel we will miss you...

Hats off to Joe Crawford on a great game. Wish you the best young man, along with Bradley.

 

Man, not sure about anyone else, but part of me is glad this season is over. At least now, we don't have to worry about who gets hurt next, or why is Coury playin. Lets go get a couple more bodies, and bring on midnight madness.

Great game by Joe, he couldn't get a lot of help. Marquette hit FT's in the clutch, props to them. Too tough for UK to come back from with having a 8 min run with no baskets in the 1st half, and 5 min in the 2nd half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.