Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight - After a Week

Featured Replies

He was able to make Digger Phepls loosen up a little and not come across as such a pompus prima dona

 

:thumb: He even has the just as pompass Jay Bilas toned down a little. Bob Knight makes them all look like idiots when it comes to basketball knowledge........... and they know it ;).

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has been very good.

Doesnt look the part, rarely looks at the camera, but has been insightful and funny at times.

 

I think the big thing about this is, that he is talking to the person that is asking the question and is looking at them which is a good quality. He has been very good in my opionion. He is very truthful, which he has always been maybe to his downfall at times. he knows the game very well. I would love to meet him and talk to him. I could talk to him about anything except basketball.

I must say, I'm pretty impressed with Bob Knight's insightful analysis. Many times, former players and coaches sound like morons (Emmitt Smith as a good example). Knight sounds like he has forgot more about basketball than I have ever known. Pretty cool to hear his thoughts.:thumb:

 

I agree.

:thumb: He even has the just as pompass Jay Bilas toned down a little. Bob Knight makes them all look like idiots when it comes to basketball knowledge........... and they know it ;).

 

They all have so much respect for him it is not funny. That speaks volumes.

Have any of you all watched the clips on youtube of him. He is a wild man

When asked in a fan question his greatest recruit throughout his years of coaching he replied - "my wife".

 

:laugh::laugh:

I have had the pleasure of meeting him on 2 different occasions. I must say he is easier to talk to than any of the other coaches I have met.

 

I wish I could say my experience with him was as good but it was not. If you are a reporter it seems his walls go up very quickly and if you are from Lexington you can kiss most civility goodbye.

 

 

That said I must say he has been much better than I thought. He reminds me of Bob Dole. After the '96 election Dole made numerous appearances and was relaxed and looked a lot more funny than he ever portrayed before. Same with Knight.

 

My only beef is that if he says, "I think seeds are the most over-rated aspect of the tourney" one more time I'll barf. He said it in three different segments last night.

I had heard him do commentary in the past. He was good then and he's good now. He brings a lot to the table.

I wish I could say my experience with him was as good but it was not. If you are a reporter it seems his walls go up very quickly and if you are from Lexington you can kiss most civility goodbye.

 

 

That said I must say he has been much better than I thought. He reminds me of Bob Dole. After the '96 election Dole made numerous appearances and was relaxed and looked a lot more funny than he ever portrayed before. Same with Knight.

 

My only beef is that if he says, "I think seeds are the most over-rated aspect of the tourney" one more time I'll barf. He said it in three different segments last night.

It is a little known fact that Bobby Knight does not dislike Lexington or the University of Kentucky.

 

Bobby Knight was a big UK fan in high school and listened to all the games on a small transistor radio from his home in Orrville, Ohio.

 

Bobby Knight spent a lot of time in Lexington when C.M. Newton was the Athletic Director at UK. They are very close friends. Bobby has told C.M. that he thinks Lexington is a great place. Bobby does have a problem with Lexington not have enough good fishing spots.

I must say, I'm pretty impressed with Bob Knight's insightful analysis. Many times, former players and coaches sound like morons (Emmitt Smith as a good example). Knight sounds like he has forgot more about basketball than I have ever known. Pretty cool to hear his thoughts.:thumb:

 

I couldn't agree any more. I was just mentioning that to my wife. He isn't as smooth as some of the others, but that will come with time. I enjoy his insight!

It is a little known fact that Bobby Knight does not dislike Lexington or the University of Kentucky.

 

Bobby Knight was a big UK fan in high school and listened to all the games on a small transistor radio from his home in Orrville, Ohio.

 

Bobby Knight spent a lot of time in Lexington when C.M. Newton was the Athletic Director at UK. They are very close friends. Bobby has told C.M. that he thinks Lexington is a great place. Bobby does have a problem with Lexington not have enough good fishing spots.

 

Oh, I'm well aware of his dislike of UK. :lol:

 

However he was good friends with Cawood as well. C.M. and he go way back before even their US Olympic experience together.

I've been impressed with him so far. He has a humurous side to him on the ESPN set that I wasn't aware of. And his knowledge of the game is great. I actually think he is a little intimdating to Digger, Jay, and the rest. They treat him like the Rat Pack gang treated Frank Sinatra, with cautious respect.

I've been impressed with him so far. He has a humurous side to him on the ESPN set that I wasn't aware of. And his knowledge of the game is great. I actually think he is a little intimdating to Digger, Jay, and the rest. They treat him like the Rat Pack gang treated Frank Sinatra, with cautious respect.

 

Would like for him to do the same on CBS with Billy ACC Packer

Well to watch him sit there and give out his thoughts/insight is a refreshing bit of TV. It seems like there are times he wants to just go off on some of the guys and say "you are reading too much into things". I think they might have him on a Crown Royal drip and he is just taking it all in and liking it.:dancingpa

I wish I could say my experience with him was as good but it was not. If you are a reporter it seems his walls go up very quickly and if you are from Lexington you can kiss most civility goodbye.

 

 

That said I must say he has been much better than I thought. He reminds me of Bob Dole. After the '96 election Dole made numerous appearances and was relaxed and looked a lot more funny than he ever portrayed before. Same with Knight.

 

My only beef is that if he says, "I think seeds are the most over-rated aspect of the tourney" one more time I'll barf. He said it in three different segments last night.

 

 

The first time I met him I was at EKU as a student in 2000 and after the speaking engagement he spent almost 3 hours with me and a buddy just talking basketball.

 

 

The 2nd time was at a coaching clinic. After words we ate at the same place and he invited me and my table over and actually remembered me from EKU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.