Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight - After a Week

Featured Replies

It is a little known fact that Bobby Knight does not dislike Lexington or the University of Kentucky.

 

Bobby Knight was a big UK fan in high school and listened to all the games on a small transistor radio from his home in Orrville, Ohio.

 

Bobby Knight spent a lot of time in Lexington when C.M. Newton was the Athletic Director at UK. They are very close friends. Bobby has told C.M. that he thinks Lexington is a great place. Bobby does have a problem with Lexington not have enough good fishing spots.

 

I think his dislike was not for UK but for the way UK was conducting business of recruiting in those days of late 70's and 80's. I heard him speak on it once and he said it was a shame UK did those things because they did not need to do those things.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had the nerve to say Pitt was going to win it all. Though he's forgot far more basketball than I will ever know, maybe he has forgot to much. Pitt is good, but national champs?

I think he did that because he hates these sort of predictions scenarios. He knows very well that Pitt's not going to win the national tiltle.

He seemed to look a little uncomfortable today. And Dickie V's rant didn't help. I wonder if he will stick it out until the tournament is over.

I think he did that because he hates these sort of predictions scenarios. He knows very well that Pitt's not going to win the national tiltle.

He seemed to look a little uncomfortable today. And Dickie V's rant didn't help. I wonder if he will stick it out until the tournament is over.

 

I wonder how many four letter words went through Coach Knights head during that time.

I love it that Knight doesn't wear the suit and tie on air and stays with the sweater ... Rick Majerus was the same way.

Yep, I wasn't expecting to like him at all. He already has two strikes against him since I LOATHE ESPN.

 

But I actually found myself turning back to hear what he has to say.

 

LOATHE ESPN? I have to ask why?

 

 

I thought Knight has done a remarkable job and is so intelligent when it comes to basketball that its not even funny. Jay Bilas is certainly intimaded by him!

I think his dislike was not for UK but for the way UK was conducting business of recruiting in those days of late 70's and 80's. I heard him speak on it once and he said it was a shame UK did those things because they did not need to do those things.

You are exactly right.

If Pitt wins it how many people will want to hire him?

 

Regardless anyone will want to Hire him, but maybe a Pitt champ will validate it :lol:

I think his dislike was not for UK but for the way UK was conducting business of recruiting in those days of late 70's and 80's. I heard him speak on it once and he said it was a shame UK did those things because they did not need to do those things.

 

 

I think Knight tried to use that for his moral high ground and dislike but I think some of it was Knight's problem. He and Joe Hall were good friends in Hall's first couple of years. Knight beat him every time out and Hall wasn't a threat.

 

Then when Knight tried one of his "I'm Bobby Knight You're Not" stunts in December of the '75 season (he cuffed Hall on the back of the head in a debate at the scorer's table) that friendship was shattered as Hall took it as a personal insult in front of the IU crowd. Later in the year UK upset Knight's best team in the Regional final. I think from that moment on Hall was a threat and rival (UK went 8-4 vs Knight after that) and so Bobby's hatred of UK grew. He used the scandal allegations to give himself a moral high ground for disliking KY.

I think another reason for Knight's dislike of UK was the fact he wasn't recruited by Rupp. Knight grew up a huge UK fan and Rupp fan, but the Barron didn't recruit him to UK. I think has always left a bad taste in his mouth also IMO.

The game will never pass Bob Knight. If people only understood him alot more of there views would change

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.