Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Call a foul!!!!!!!!!

Featured Replies

The whistle blew on Crawford right after that......Did it not??????

  • Replies 160
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's never called, why even try it? If it's not a foul, why was Dave Neal arguing with Barry Booker? Give me a break, of course it should have been called and if the roles were reversed, I would say UK stole one. As it is, I don't think the sky has fallen. I still think UK is in 100% and worse case scenario is they are a 10-11 instead of an 8-9, which is really the best scenario. NO WAY that team (UK) beats MSU tonight, so I'm seriously not too upset. But of course it's a foul.

 

I was the same thing.:thumb:

So I pull out the ol' trusty rulebook and lo' and behold....

 

ITS NOT A FOUL

 

4-40-7 deals with this. Its "incidental conduct" due to the fact that the defender was not in position to see the pick coming. The rulebook even says that while the contact may be "severe" it is not a foul.

 

Now you know.

 

The "incidental contact" put the offensive team at a disadvantage as Kentucky had to take a time-out when unable to inbound the ball due to the player on the floor.

  • Author
So I pull out the ol' trusty rulebook and lo' and behold....

 

ITS NOT A FOUL

 

4-40-7 deals with this. Its "incidental conduct" due to the fact that the defender was not in position to see the pick coming. The rulebook even says that while the contact may be "severe" it is not a foul.

 

Now you know.

 

So I'm guesing coach Gillespie doesn't know the rules then....Come on...:rolleyes:

Breaking News Just In!!!!!!!

 

Xrays have confirmed the official swallowed his whistle on the play!!!!!!!

I am a UK fan and think it was a foul, but so what. It is a game and was exciting. My question is?

 

Has anyone else EVER seen a Goaltending call on a Free Throw????

 

I am 44 and have been playing and watching Basketball forever and have never seen that!!!!!

I am a UK fan and think it was a foul, but so what. It is a game and was exciting. My question is?

 

Has anyone else EVER seen a Goaltending call on a Free Throw????

 

I am 44 and have been playing and watching Basketball forever and have never seen that!!!!!

 

I think BCG told him to do it.

If roles are reversed you have no problem with them calling that foul on UK?

 

The only problem that I would have if the foul was called on my team would be if the coach did not warn his player to watch out for that play..................it was a foul, but I was not really upset or surprised that it was not.

I am a UK fan and think it was a foul, but so what. It is a game and was exciting. My question is?

 

Has anyone else EVER seen a Goaltending call on a Free Throw????

 

I am 44 and have been playing and watching Basketball forever and have never seen that!!!!!

 

Once in a nurf ball game at the house, but never in a real game. But I have never seen a tornado delay a game until last night.

 

I am a UK fan and wish it was called a foul but I dont balme the ref for not calling it. Like warrior said free throw shooting did the cats in.

 

Dogs that chase cars and teams that miss free throws dont hang around very long.

It was a great play - and a great game plan by BCG. The Cats should have been rewarded with the foul call.

I disagree with the incidental interpretation of the rule. When a player sets a ball screen and the defender doesn't know it's coming, if the defender runs through the screen it is a foul. Same situation here. It was a foul.

Bradley may have missed the free throws, but he should have gotten the chance to step to the line.

It was a great play - and a great game plan by BCG. The Cats should have been rewarded with the foul call.

I disagree with the incidental interpretation of the rule. When a player sets a ball screen and the defender doesn't know it's coming, if the defender runs through the screen it is a foul. Same situation here. It was a foul.

Bradley may have missed the free throws, but he should have gotten the chance to step to the line.

 

You just hit on the key thing about this call, the fact that BCG even drew it up to begin with, one heck of a play call by the coach

You just hit on the key thing about this call, the fact that BCG even drew it up to begin with, one heck of a play call by the coach

 

IMO he outsmarted the refs twice - first with this play and then with the goal tending on a free throw.

It's just like a Kentucky fans to blame a loss on one call. If they played better on offense and defense or made more free throws then it wouldn'thave come down to that.

IMO he outsmarted the refs twice - first with this play and then with the goal tending on a free throw.

 

The goaltending would of been smart if it wasn't a technical foul.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.