March 16, 200818 yr Jimmy Dykes just on ESPN2 said UK got robbed on the No Call and that it was Crime!!!!!
March 16, 200818 yr Not that I agree but ESPN gamenight before the SEC final- Steve lavin and Jimmy Dykes ( I think) both agreed that UK was robbed. Not saying I agree or disagree but they did mention if it was a foul at the start of the game, it should of been called at the end, regardless what the situation is or was.
March 17, 200818 yr You realize Tom Eades, the official closest to the play, is from Muhlenberg County and graduated from Central City High?
March 17, 200818 yr Bottom Line if UK shouldn't have been in a position to rely on a ref's call. Yes, but after one of the luckiest 3's ever, they were.
March 17, 200818 yr Has anyone ever seen this called? Teams consistently try it and they never call it. I guess someone got it called somewhere along the line to get it to be run all the time. It's all a non issue since Porter gave UK no chance at making a play anyway when he did throw it.
March 17, 200818 yr After the game, BCG just slapped the Georgia's staff and players hands while chasing the refs. I thought that was a low class move on BCG toward a Georgia team that played their heart out.
March 17, 200818 yr After the game, BCG just slapped the Georgia's staff and players hands while chasing the refs. I thought that was a low class move on BCG toward a Georgia team that played their heart out. But on the news he was giving Georgia all the credit for the victory.No excuses they whipped us he said.
March 17, 200818 yr It wasn't a foul because they didn't call it a foul. The UG player tried to pull up and the UK player took a little contact and flopped like Shane Battier used to. The rule sited by cshs81 I would say that if the ref saw it that way it wasn't a foul. UK lost get over it, The play call was weak anyway, maybe if they played Friday night the ref would have called it.
March 17, 200818 yr It wasn't a foul because they didn't call it a foul. The UG player tried to pull up and the UK player took a little contact and flopped like Shane Battier used to. The rule sited by cshs81 I would say that if the ref saw it that way it wasn't a foul. UK lost get over it, The play call was weak anyway, maybe if they played Friday night the ref would have called it. The bolded statment makes ZERO sense.
March 17, 200818 yr Here is a video of the play. Now if you can tell me with certainty that the defender a)saw the screen and b)had time to stop then the ref blew the call. Otherwise, it was the right call. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZOOGCGr38
March 17, 200818 yr The bolded statment makes ZERO sense. Well let me explain I think Gilliespe called the play to get a foul which I think is a bush league move. Therefor I said the play call was weak. The other comment is about all the crying from another thread about how UK would have won on friday night. With sarcasm I said maybe if they played on Friday the ref would have called the foul as some believe these 2 factors are why UK lost. Is that better.
March 17, 200818 yr I think that the video shows 2 things that support a no call. Once he sees the screener 1. he pulls up and 2. He tries to step in front of the screener.
March 17, 200818 yr Calling a play that gives your team a chance to win is bush league? Give me a break. It was about the only play call that could be made that would have given UK a chance. We must have been watching different plays if you saw him trying to pull up. Heck he even thought it was a foul. I listened to the game on my way back from Georgia on the Georgia network and the announcers were as homer as you get and they even said they missed the call.
March 17, 200818 yr Calling a play that gives your team a chance to win is bush league? Give me a break. It was about the only play call that could be made that would have given UK a chance. We must have been watching different plays if you saw him trying to pull up. Heck he even thought it was a foul. I listened to the game on my way back from Georgia on the Georgia network and the announcers were as homer as you get and they even said they missed the call. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.