Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Call a foul!!!!!!!!!

Featured Replies

UK hits their freaking FT's and that call is a non issue!

:thumb:

  • Replies 160
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re-read the rule. It doesn't say its a foul if he doesn't go around the screener. It says that in the "blind screen" ONCE he makes contact he must attempt to stop rather than keep on running.

 

I am at somewhat of a disadvantage , I do not have a book. there is mention of this in another section however , and I beleive it refers to the defensive players position and being allowed to move into a blind screen unable to avoid contact. And I think it says," within reason, usually one to two strides". In moving across the end line he clearly had ample time to visually check his position and did not do so. By displacing the offensive player I beleive a foul could have been called. I don't know of any player ever being allowed to just knock a player to the floor legally. If you could do that, I'm sure it would happen all the time. It would be much easier to score if that could be done.:thumb:

BCG was after the refs and a rent-a-cop gave him a hip check!

 

 

:lol::lol:Now, that's FUNNY!!!! :lol::lol:

It was a nice try by Gillispie...technically, it was a foul. However, I don't think it should be called in that situation.

 

The majority of us, including myself, are always pleading to let the players decide the game on the court. Calling that foul, IMO, is the equivalent of calling holding in football after the ball carrier is 25 yards past the spot of the flag...

 

UK just got beat on a clutch shot, plain and simple.

Obviously, that's a judgment call. I'd say , unfortunately, that the screen was not within his visual field.

 

I'm glad you could tell what he was seeing.:rolleyes:

Great coaching strategy by Billy G, too bad the ref didn't call the foul. Perfect setup to outcoach Felton. I would be mad if roles were reveresed but would still know it was a foul. It was foul regardless of who you root for. Not calling the same throughout the game is complete garbage and I cannot believe that anyone feels it shouldn't be.

Great coaching strategy by Billy G, too bad the ref didn't call the foul. Perfect setup to outcoach Felton. I would be mad if roles were reveresed but would still know it was a foul. It was foul regardless of who you root for. Not calling the same throughout the game is complete garbage and I cannot believe that anyone feels it shouldn't be.

 

:thumb:

So I guess Uk lost yesterday because of that ONE no call?

 

Give me a break. He wasn't even looking when he ran in to the guy and knocked him down.

 

If roles were reversed, not a peep would be said on here.

 

UK lost, get over it. I'd do the same thing if it were UC playing and losing like that so don't try to make my avatar as a reason for me saying this.

 

I root for UK now simply because UC is done for the season, but to say that cost them the game is flat out ridiculous. Do the right things in regulation and you're not in that situation. Period.

So I guess Uk lost yesterday because of that ONE no call?

 

Give me a break. He wasn't even looking when he ran in to the guy and knocked him down.

 

If roles were reversed, not a peep would be said on here.

 

UK lost, get over it. I'd do the same thing if it were UC playing and losing like that so don't try to make my avatar as a reason for me saying this.

 

I root for UK now simply because UC is done for the season, but to say that cost them the game is flat out ridiculous. Do the right things in regulation and you're not in that situation. Period.

 

Do you feel better now?

So I guess Uk lost yesterday because of that ONE no call?

 

Give me a break. He wasn't even looking when he ran in to the guy and knocked him down.

 

If roles were reversed, not a peep would be said on here.

 

UK lost, get over it. I'd do the same thing if it were UC playing and losing like that so don't try to make my avatar as a reason for me saying this.

 

I root for UK now simply because UC is done for the season, but to say that cost them the game is flat out ridiculous. Do the right things in regulation and you're not in that situation. Period.

Sure there were other things that cost them the game, however, that no call cost them the game at that particular point. Like a MILLION people have already said on here before. If roles were reversed, YES WE UK FANS would be UPSET (at the player in question and Billy G for not warning the team) However, I would still agree it was a FOUL. Because it was A FOUL! It doesn't matter who you root for. I would be glad to say as a UK fan that, hey we got away with that call, but sure glad we did.

Do you feel better now?

 

Yes i do. :D

 

But seriously I'm tired of all the UK fans on here making excuses when UK loses and using the refs as their #1 target. We all know UK should have won, but didn't so why make excuses for it?

 

The Georgia freshman made the shot of his life. The refs didn't make the shot. Let's all get over it and hope they get in the NCAA tournament.

Sure there were other things that cost them the game, however, that no call cost them the game at that particular point. Like a MILLION people have already said on here before. If roles were reversed, YES WE UK FANS would be UPSET (at the player in question and Billy G for not warning the team) However, I would still agree it was a FOUL. Because it was A FOUL! It doesn't matter who you root for. I would be glad to say as a UK fan that, hey we got away with that call, but sure glad we did.

 

I never said it wasn't a foul. I'm just saying everybody needs to quit crying about it and move on. Nothing we as fans can do about it. Let's just hope that UK gets in the tournament so we have another game to cheer for them.

I never said it wasn't a foul. I'm just saying everybody needs to quit crying about it and move on. Nothing we as fans can do about it. Let's just hope that UK gets in the tournament so we have another game to cheer for them.

 

This is a discussion board, so the reason for discussing it makes perfect sense. Sometimes this is the only place we can discuss this type of stuff to people who care. Unfortunately there are times when a perfectly normal conversation cannot take place because people make you feel stupid for mentioning something that definately played a key role in UK's LOSS.

Yes i do. :D

 

But seriously I'm tired of all the UK fans on here making excuses when UK loses and using the refs as their #1 target. We all know UK should have won, but didn't so why make excuses for it?

 

The Georgia freshman made the shot of his life. The refs didn't make the shot. Let's all get over it and hope they get in the NCAA tournament.

 

I would like to see a reference of the MAJORITY of post after UK defeats this season doing this. In the past you are probably right but this year its not been that bad. If you look at my post in this thread I dont blame the loss on the no call, I just question the people saying its a foul but you cant call it at that point in the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.