Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Call a foul!!!!!!!!!

Featured Replies

"Rules are Rules..." Walter - The Big Lebowski.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Rules are Rules..." Walter - The Big Lebowski.

 

Good movie.

Calling a play that gives your team a chance to win is bush league? Give me a break. It was about the only play call that could be made that would have given UK a chance. We must have been watching different plays if you saw him trying to pull up. Heck he even thought it was a foul. I listened to the game on my way back from Georgia on the Georgia network and the announcers were as homer as you get and they even said they missed the call.

 

Watch the You tube clip as soon as he bumps him he stops and steps in front. I am just going by what happened They did not call a foul so it wasn't a foul. As far as the bush league that is my opinion and you disagree so be it.

http://www.kentucky.com/269/story/349890.html

 

 

I saw the play," said Hank Nichols, national coordinator of officials and a former referee. "It was called exactly correct."

 

The screener, Bradley, must give the defender, Jackson, time and distance to react to the screen, Nichols said. Plus, contact in and of itself does not mean a foul. As long as Jackson did not react in an overly aggressive manner to Bradley's screen, it should be a non-call.

 

"You can look it up in the rule book," Nichols said. "It says right there that the contact can even be violent. But it's not a foul unless the guy who runs into the guy setting the screen fights or pushes through it.

 

"Nobody believes that. But that's always been the rule on any play like that."

http://www.kentucky.com/269/story/349890.html

 

 

 

I saw the play," said Hank Nichols, national coordinator of officials and a former referee. "It was called exactly correct."

 

The screener, Bradley, must give the defender, Jackson, time and distance to react to the screen, Nichols said. Plus, contact in and of itself does not mean a foul. As long as Jackson did not react in an overly aggressive manner to Bradley's screen, it should be a non-call.

 

"You can look it up in the rule book," Nichols said. "It says right there that the contact can even be violent. But it's not a foul unless the guy who runs into the guy setting the screen fights or pushes through it.

 

"Nobody believes that. But that's always been the rule on any play like that."

 

 

That's what cshs81 told us Saturday afternoon.

Honestly, with the rabid fan base that makes up UK basketball, I think that was the only thing for Nichols to say. It's pretty obvious that it is an on-the-spot judgement call and I've seen it go both ways. "Overly aggressive" is somewhat ambiguous, so I think Nichols was protecting his refs from pitchfork and torch-wielding villagers. It's over and while it may have altered the potential outcome of the game, it did not cost Kentucky the game.

http://www.kentucky.com/269/story/349890.html

 

 

 

I saw the play," said Hank Nichols, national coordinator of officials and a former referee. "It was called exactly correct."

 

The screener, Bradley, must give the defender, Jackson, time and distance to react to the screen, Nichols said. Plus, contact in and of itself does not mean a foul. As long as Jackson did not react in an overly aggressive manner to Bradley's screen, it should be a non-call.

 

"You can look it up in the rule book," Nichols said. "It says right there that the contact can even be violent. But it's not a foul unless the guy who runs into the guy setting the screen fights or pushes through it.

 

"Nobody believes that. But that's always been the rule on any play like that."

By his reasoning there would be very few screen/charges called. But that's not the case. I flipped the channel after the UK game and what did I see??? Tyler Hansbourgh setting a blind screen on a Virginia Tech player, Hansbourgh falling backwards to the floor, and a Hokie with a foul. Nichols can protect and defend his guys till the cows come home, but that was a charge.

It wasn't a foul because they didn't call it a foul.

 

 

The UG player tried to pull up and the UK player took a little contact and flopped like Shane Battier used to.

The rule sited by cshs81 I would say that if the ref saw it that way it wasn't a foul.

 

UK lost get over it, The play call was weak anyway, maybe if they played Friday night the ref would have called it.

 

What play would you have called?:jump:

That's what cshs81 told us Saturday afternoon.

 

I'm busted. I am Hank Nichols.

When Pitino was coaching UK, I remember him trying this in the exact same situation against South Carolina. He didn't get the call either. I believe he got two T's and was ejected.

As was mentioned earlier, the thing to do in the FT situation is to purposefully commit a lane violation until they make the FT.

IMO the stars where just lined up in Georgia's favor to win. If the call was made is wasn't a given he would make the freethrows. Anyway I feel Kentucky is in better shape in the tourney for losing. More than likely if Kentucky had won they would have been a #8 or #9 with a #1 in the second round up next. With the loss they get a #6 with a #3 up next. IMO I like this road better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.