Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Call a foul!!!!!!!!!

Featured Replies

So why does no one respond to the other things I say? You guys wouldn't have a problem if that is called on UK give me a break.

 

I'm going to be honest. If roles were reversed and they called the foul on UK I would probably say it was cheap. But, it is a smart play. I still think it should have been a foul, but what can I do about it.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I pull out the ol' trusty rulebook and lo' and behold....

 

ITS NOT A FOUL

 

4-40-7 deals with this. Its "incidental conduct" due to the fact that the defender was not in position to see the pick coming. The rulebook even says that while the contact may be "severe" it is not a foul.

 

Now you know.

^ Never thought about the incidental contact thing. I did know that it was the right call to be a no call though.

I did know that it was the right call to be a no call though.

 

Then what you were basing it on?

I'm going to be honest. If roles were reversed and they called the foul on UK I would probably say it was cheap. But, it is a smart play. I still think it should have been a foul, but what can I do about it.

 

Thank you.

To each his own. I just don't see how you can decide a game on a play like that.

 

Yet...it ultimately was. A no call is just a deciding factor as a call

Yet...it ultimately was. A no call is just a deciding factor as a call

 

No not at all and by rule that is not a foul anyways. See Cshs posts.

Then what you were basing it on?

 

By what happened in the Big East a couple weeks ago. With the push out and the foul being called and all the uproar that caused. Teams are simply(and shouldn't) get that call late in the game, especially if it doesn't alter/affect a shot or a chance at a shot.

Just after UK's game ended I switched over to the UNC-VaTech game. It was a tied game in the closing minutes. Guess what....Tyler Hansbourgh set up a pick at the top of the key and a Hokey ran over him. It was called a charge. Just like the run-over should have been called on the Georgia player. And I just wonder if it was Hansborough or a Dukie player that was in the same situation as Bradley was, would the charge have been called. I say yes, it would have. And Dickie V would have said, "Well, that's a hard call to make, but the ref had the guts to do it. It was the right call. You've got to credit Hansbourgh for a smart play. That's why he's an All American, baby!"... Blah, blah, blah......

There was a minute and change left in that game. There was 1 second in the UK game.

UK hits their freaking FT's and that call is a non issue!

 

Agreed, ex-pupil. Kentucky hits 4 or 5 more FT's, to be on their average, they win. On a side note, they should have sold 5000-6000 general admission tickets. At least some of the fans could have been there. I guess with a crowd of around 7500-8000, they didn't want Kentucky to have 6000 fans.

There was a minute and change left in that game. There was 1 second in the UK game.

What does that matter? :confused::rolleyes: Rules are rules, and fouls are fouls. It's a 40 minute game + whatever OT's offer. Fouls can occur at any moment of that time span. Call the foul. Have the guts to do it. Especially if it's as OBVIOUS as that foul was.

There was a minute and change left in that game. There was 1 second in the UK game.

 

It's still the same type of foul. Bradley was getting the guy out of the in bounders face so that he could possibly throw it long...should have been a foul. No doubt about it.

  • Author
There was a minute and change left in that game. There was 1 second in the UK game.

 

What does that have to do with the price of eggs???? It was a foul end of discussion..One and one at the other end....game over the cats win by 1...:ylsuper::ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.