9th Region Tournament issues?

If I recall correctly, the 9th Region will be moving to the Bank of Kentucky next year...correct?

In a few of the threads I have read, it seems that there have been some issues at Conner.

I believe Buttels said that the accomdations for media and so forth have been very poor.

One semi-final game started 15 minutes before the scheduled start.

Is there a hospitality room?

I didn't see any programs for sale last week...do they have them?

From one story I have heard is that the administration at Conner really doesn't care to have the event there. If that is the case, why are they even in the rotation? Moot point now if it really is moving to NKU next year.

I have heard in the past that the AD has set up odd times for region finals, if they are on weekends.

The participants in the 9th deserve better.

If they want to see how a tournament is run and how to make it an event, they should see how they do things in the 10th Region when it is at Mason County.

I saw Scott play there the previous two years, and it was a blast. I have not been able to make it to Montgomery County, but when it is at MC it is really fun. Hopefully it will return to Mason next year...

Why host if you are not going to make it worthwhile for the fans and players?

You hit the nail on the head. (Even though it is a moot point now) The folks at Conner do seem to be put out by having the tournament there. From what I saw the night I was there, the Cov Cath folks had to provide their own table at one end to set up their broadcast AND provide room for their stat people. Their table was 2'x5' at the most. I was tucked UNDER the bleachers and below the Cov. Cath Students. Talk about scary. It was the first night of the Region and after e-mailing the A.D. that morning to get permission to sit at the scorers table, I got no reply other than when I arrived was told "There's no room for you. Everybody's here and no one called."

Just glad to go to the Bank of Kentucky Center next year. I'll have the GM on my show this Saturday morning to talk about it.

The ninth region did away with Hospitality Rooms a number of years ago, largely due to abuse. Too many people in there that didn't belong.

I for one will be glad when it moves to the Bank of KY Center. It will help move the games along as no one will have to wait 30 minutes for people to quit standing on the playing floor so the next 2 teams can take the floor to warm up. (this is a problem every, not just Conner) Of the High Schools that hosted the ninth for the last handfull of years, Holmes has done the best job, Conner the worst.

The ninth region did away with Hospitality Rooms a number of years ago, largely due to abuse. Too many people in there that didn't belong.

i for one will be glad when it moves to the Bank of KY Center. It will help move the games along as no one will have to wait 30 minutes for people to quit standing on the playing floor so the next 2 teams can take the floor to warm up. (this is a problem every, not just Conner) Of the High Schools that hosted the ninth for the last handfull of years, Holmes has done the best job, Conner the worst.

Every region has this problem. It all depends on whether or not you want to solve the problem. The boys 8th region tournament gives each school a set of passes. Only those who have a pass are allowed in.