March 8, 200818 yr I generally agree with Bilas, just not on this one. I think the Cats will get in (provided they don't lose to Florida and drop the first game of the SEC tourney). We will all know for sure a week from now. Right....but here's the thing...he is saying there are others that would be in right now, not having to win, as UK does.
March 8, 200818 yr ^ You all tout how much some experts know...but when one goes against your thought process, it isn't right Bilas is a great analyst. He is one of the best! I don't have to agree with him all the time, but he is great at what he does. I believe that if UK wins on Sunday they should be in. I'm not sure he does.
March 8, 200818 yr Basically in the article he never comes out and says that UK should be out, but he alludes to it along the way. He talks about how people talk about the last 12 and UK hasnt beaten anyone inside the top 40 RPI during this stretch and ramble, ramble. He makes some valid points, and some that dont make too much sense to me. He basically says they should be out without saying, "they are out."
March 8, 200818 yr He was mentioning UK and their close wins and citing that as an issue. Then he cites WVU and their close losses, as being good? Doesn't matter, UK just needs to win, and considering where they were back in early Jan., it is amazing we are talking NCAA right now.
March 8, 200818 yr I think Bilas is the best and most realistic analyist out there and he is normally on target with his breakdowns, even though he went to Duke. All we have to do is beat Florida and win a game in the SEC and we will be fine.
March 8, 200818 yr I think Bilas is the best and most realistic analyist out there and he is normally on target with his breakdowns, even though he went to Duke. All we have to do is beat Florida and win a game in the SEC and we will be fine. We? Are you on the team?
March 8, 200818 yr Bilas is about the only "expert" I put any faith into what they say. I do however, disagree with him, and think UK will be in, as long as they beat Florida.
March 8, 200818 yr I think UK deserves in. However I I think it will take two more wins, they need to beat Florida and win a game in the SEC Tourney to lock in a bid.
March 8, 200818 yr We? Are you on the team? Scott Baio is 45 and single, 46 and pregnant, AND plays for UK!
March 8, 200818 yr On Sports Center this morning, Hubert and Digger both said UK was in and Bilas still said they were out. I think they COULD get in without another win, but it'd be barely. With one more win I think they've got a better than 50/50 shot, and with two more, they have to be in.
March 8, 200818 yr They have beat Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Vandy. That part about the "Not Their Fault" made my brain hurt on many levels. Not too impressive if you compare that to who they've lost. Being in the SEC has hurt their chances this year IMO.
March 8, 200818 yr Noone who has ever won 10 or more games in SEC play has been shut out. SEC, according to ESPN guys, was 4th best conference this year. Not too shabby. Simple- We win 1 more, and we are a sure shot. Lose our next 2, and it's time to get on the horn to the big guy upstairs for some help. GO CATS!
March 8, 200818 yr On Sports Center this morning, Hubert and Digger both said UK was in and Bilas still said they were out. I think they COULD get in without another win, but it'd be barely. With one more win I think they've got a better than 50/50 shot, and with two more, they have to be in. If they don't win another game, I can't find any reason why they should be in, and think that they would be out.
March 8, 200818 yr If they don't win another game, I can't find any reason why they should be in, and think that they would be out. Oh... maybe wins over the #1 and #7 RPI teams. 2nd place in the SEC East. At worst, 3rd overall in the conference. If they lose to Florida, you're going to leave them out and put in two teams that finished behind them in the SEC?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.