Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Bilas on Kentucky's Resume

Featured Replies

Did Vandy have bad losses like Gardner Webb and San Diego along with Houston and UAB?

 

What does that have to do with the SEC? Houston and UAB were not bad losses IMO, but I think UK would beat all four now.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The commitee looks alot at the last ten games.

 

Bob Valvano says the committee looks at the last 12 games...AND the Sagarin.....

If he is talking about a long line of teams ahead of Kentucky on the bubble, I would disagree with that assessment. If UK wins on Sunday, I would think a berth is all but locked up for the Cats.

 

Agreed.

  • Author
Same difference
The Sagarin values SOS far less than the RPI does, so UK isn't as hot there.

If they beat Florida they will be 12-4 in the SEC. There has never been a team to win 10 SEC games and NOT make the "Big Show". IMO, I think they are in. :D

Don't see how the Sagarin would be a real tool the committee uses because strength of schedule is one major barometer the committee uses.

Bilas was making the point that UK has some very bad losses at home (before SEC play) and has not won a meaningful road game this year. Two very valid points.

 

They have not won a road game against anyone ranked higher than 140 in the RPI. UK is only 4-7 against the RPI 100 road or home. Most of their wins have came against very weak SEC teams.

 

IMHO, if you took Kentucky off their chest, they would not make the tourny.

I quite simply do not care what Bilas thinks, I put him in the Billy Packer category. I admire Bilas every bit as much as I do Packer.

I think that best sums up my feelings.:D

Bilas was making the point that UK has some very bad losses at home (before SEC play) and has not won a meaningful road game this year. Two very valid points.

 

They have not won a road game against anyone ranked higher than 140 in the RPI. UK is only 4-7 against the RPI 100 road or home. Most of their wins have came against very weak SEC teams.

 

IMHO, if you took Kentucky off their chest, they would not make the tourny.

 

USC wasn't a meaningful road win? They're also 10-2 since January 22nd.

I quite simply do not care what Bilas thinks, I put him in the Billy Packer category. I admire Bilas every bit as much as I do Packer.

I think that best sums up my feelings.:D

 

Why don't you like Bilas? IMO he is actually one of the best if not the best basketball analyst out there today.

USC wasn't a meaningful road win? They're also 10-2 since January 22nd.

 

That should tell you something if your saying USC has been your best road win.

USC was not a good road win. They are 13-16 and 148 in the RPI.

USC was not a good road win. They are 13-16 and 148 in the RPI.

 

We'll take it - all the way to the Big Dance.:thumb:

Why don't you like Bilas? IMO he is actually one of the best if not the best basketball analyst out there today.

 

Just his arrogance I guess.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.