Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Bilas on Kentucky's Resume

Featured Replies

Bilas hates UK.

 

Bilas is one of the most unbiased commentators out there. I just think he's wrong on this one.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bilas hates UK.

 

:laugh:

 

That is so far from the truth. Just because someone says something negative about UK, 50% of the fan base thinks the analyst just doesn't like UK. Its pretty comical. You have no reason to truly believe Jay hates UK, other than you disagree with him.

I happen to like Bilas better than most of the others. As for UK, I don't think they get in without winning out. Granted they are playing much better ball, but the early season losses are going to haunt them.

I happen to like Bilas better than most of the others. As for UK, I don't think they get in without winning out. Granted they are playing much better ball, but the early season losses are going to haunt them.

 

So you think they have to beat Florida, and then also win the SEC tournament? So no chance at an at-large in your opinion?

 

I think if they beat Florida they will get in. If they lose to Florida, they have to at least win one game in the tournament.

My argument for UK would be that they finished 2nd in the east, ahead of Vandy, playing the same teams that Vandy played. If the SEC is so weak, why did Vandy, who is a lock for the NCAA, not finish higher than UK? I really don't see how they can justify UK not being in now.

That's what I think. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Here's a question-

 

Now that UK has locked up second in the SEC East, how could you possibly let a 3rd place Vandy team in the tournament and leave UK (who has a better conference record) out?

My argument for UK would be that they finished 2nd in the east, ahead of Vandy, playing the same teams that Vandy played. If the SEC is so weak, why did Vandy, who is a lock for the NCAA, not finish higher than UK? I really don't see how they can justify UK not being in now.

 

Good thinking. :lol:

I never said Vandy was a lock. They play great at home and for the most part suck on the road.

I never said Vandy was a lock. They play great at home and for the most part suck on the road.

 

Vandy is a lock.

My argument for UK would be that they finished 2nd in the east, ahead of Vandy, playing the same teams that Vandy played. If the SEC is so weak, why did Vandy, who is a lock for the NCAA, not finish higher than UK? I really don't see how they can justify UK not being in now.

 

Did Vandy have bad losses like Gardner Webb and San Diego along with Houston and UAB?

:laugh:

 

That is so far from the truth. Just because someone says something negative about UK, 50% of the fan base thinks the analyst just doesn't like UK. Its pretty comical. You have no reason to truly believe Jay hates UK, other than you disagree with him.

 

Only if XU got attenton?;)

Oh... maybe wins over the #1 and #7 RPI teams. 2nd place in the SEC East. At worst, 3rd overall in the conference.

 

If they lose to Florida, you're going to leave them out and put in two teams that finished behind them in the SEC?

 

Yes....I tend to look at the WHOLE resume not just one part.

Even though it's not thier fault which confrence thier in. The teams that play in tougher confrences deserve the upper hand IMO. Also about the close wins/losses, you could say that for alomost every team in the country.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.