Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Bilas on Kentucky's Resume

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody who thinks Bilas has an agenda is way off base. He is easily the most logical and unbiased person that works at ESPN, period.

Anybody wanna take a shot at Vandy's best road win since November?

 

USC.

 

In November they beat Bradley (#100 RPI)

Anybody wanna take a shot at Vandy's best road win since November?

 

USC.

 

In November they beat Bradley (#100 RPI)

 

This is why I don't feel like Vandy is going to get a good seed.

Anybody who thinks Bilas has an agenda is way off base. He is easily the most logical and unbiased person that works at ESPN, period.

 

You are right, it's just his opinion(a well informed one at that)...........I just disagree with it, hopefully for the Cats he will be wrong on this one.

Anybody who thinks Bilas has an agenda is way off base. He is easily the most logical and unbiased person that works at ESPN, period.

 

You have to agree that it doesn't take much to qualify in that category or honor at espn.

Bilas being the most unbiased person on espn still leaves a lot to be desired :thumb:.

Talking about bias, I would say most SEC fans feel the same way about Conley and Hammonds when watching a JP/Lincoln Financial/Raycom (whoever owns the rights now) broadcast that involves UK.

If they close the deal vs. Florida today, the Wildcats are in, IMO. At least they should be...

 

12-4 in the SEC is too good to be left out. Florida will be sweating it out without a strong SEC Tourny, IMO.

You have to agree that it doesn't take much to qualify in that category or honor at espn.

Bilas being the most unbiased person on espn still leaves a lot to be desired :thumb:.

 

There are some guys that are questionable at ESPN for sure. However, UK fans shouldnt be saying much about people not being logical or biased. He would easily be in the top 2% of UK fans on that. Bilas doesnt leave a lot to be desired to me in terms of being unbiased. I think he does an amazing job at that. This is just his opinion.

USC wasn't a meaningful road win? They're also 10-2 since January 22nd.

 

In the weak SEC...it is weak, weak, weak....that said I think UK is in now.

In the weak SEC...it is weak, weak, weak....that said I think UK is in now.

 

Better than the Big East.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

According to the RPI :D

^ That means nothing to me :D . . . that said when you have 16 teams it can bring your RPI down......we all know that the Big East is way better than the SEC.

^ That means nothing to me :D . . . that said when you have 16 teams it can bring your RPI down......we all know that the Big East is way better than the SEC.

 

The Big East is better this year, but not by that much. Georgetown was very fortunate to beat an average Alabama team earlier this year. Villanova beat LSU only because the Tigers self-destructed. These two are two of the best in the Big East that one would think would easily beat second tier SEC teams.

^ 'Nova being one of the best? Come on....

 

UConn, U of L, Georgetown, and Notre Dame would all fare VERY VERY well in the SEC this season.

I have always liked Bilas and sstill consider him to be one of the best talking heads you can find in college basketball. I do not agree with what he is saying, but by no means do I feel he "hates UK", I just think he is incorrect about this.

 

As for Billy Packer, it is the opposite. I have NEVER liked Billy Packer, and NEVER will. If he got down on one knee on national television and started a shrine to Adolph Rupp I would still continue to disregard everything he says.

 

Digger phelps is the opposite of Jay Bilas this year. Usually Diger seems to hold Kentucky to a different level than other teams in a negative manner, but this year he ahs proudly picked up the UK banner and ran with it. Though Digger and I agreeabout Kentucky deserving a tournament birth, I still do not like him as an analyst.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.