Rowan Co. 56 Boyd Co. 28

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly the ugliest game I have ever witnessed. Sloppy, physical, poor shooting, Morehead could be renamed Turnover City after this game. I didn't think it would EVER end. I felt like just telling jokes or singing for the last quarter. Jim Forrest and I were talking to each other during the game and he is on another radio station!! It was really terrible. If I had paid to see this one, I would have asked for my money back.

You know that is quite rude coming from an adult. I know for a fact Rowan Co. played freshman and sophomores almost the whole 2nd half. I know Boyd Co. had several young players on the floor. Why leave your starters in and get someone hurt when your playing for a regional title. I am sure had this been a Carter Co. team it would have been well worth the admission. I would think you would show a little class when talking about a bunch of girls who have worked their tails off to get where they are. Thank goodness for Big Bill.

You know that is quite rude coming from an adult. I know for a fact Rowan Co. played freshman and sophomores almost the whole 2nd half. I know Boyd Co. had several young players on the floor. Why leave your starters in and get someone hurt when your playing for a regional title. I am sure had this been a Carter Co. team it would have been well worth the admission. I would think you would show a little class when talking about a bunch of girls who have worked their tails off to get where they are. Thank goodness for Big Bill.

I completely agree with you HoopsGal; that was a very rude comment coming from an adult; but, then that is where most of the very rude comments come from. We can't ask our kids to act any different when adults are setting these examples. People should not judge these fine young ladies when they don't even know them!!!! Thank goodness for fans like you HoopsGal..:thumb::thumb:

Golly Hoops Gal and Oldtimer, he was just stating his opinion about how the game was as a whole. If you know GO, you know that he would never single out teams and speak negatively about them. The game was what it was...UGLY at best. That being said, this is how both teams play (physical, grab, hold, steal), and to be honest, when Rowan plays 90% of the region it's going to be an ugly game...they're at a different level than other teams in our region and will have a cake walk the rest of the way to Diddle! (the jinx is on :p)

Golly Hoops Gal and Oldtimer' date=' he was just stating his opinion about how the game was as a whole. If you know GO, you know that he would never single out teams and speak negatively about them. The game was what it was...UGLY at best. That being said, this is how both teams play (physical, grab, hold, steal), and to be honest, when Rowan plays 90% of the region it's going to be an ugly game...they're at a different level than other teams in our region and will have a cake walk the rest of the way to Diddle! (the jinx is on :p)[/quote']

I do know him very well.

I was not knocking either team at all. The game as UGLY! I was not speaking negatively about either team, just that it was a sloppy game with all the physical play, turnovers, etc. If this game had been played between East and West and there were 40+ turnovers and shooting percentages below 35%, it would still be ugly!

You read way too much into my post. I was, in no way, putting down the kids or the coaches. I am very good friends with both coaches and I am not, in any way, judging them or their teams. It was a sloppy game. I don't see the rudeness at all in that statement. Apparently you don't know me as well as you think you do.

Golly Hoops Gal and Oldtimer' date=' he was just stating his opinion about how the game was as a whole. If you know GO, you know that he would never single out teams and speak negatively about them. The game was what it was...UGLY at best. That being said, this is how both teams play (physical, grab, hold, steal), and to be honest, when Rowan plays 90% of the region it's going to be an ugly game...they're at a different level than other teams in our region and will have a cake walk the rest of the way to Diddle! (the jinx is on :p)[/quote']

I believe that is why these two posted this, because they are surprised that they came from such a quality man and announcer, and quite honestly I am surprised myself. I also felt it was a little out of line towards the young ladies playing hard, irregardless of the result. Rowan did play some of their younger talent the majority of the game and from what the boyd county fan told me, that was sitting near me in the endzone, was that boyd is very young. I believe they are mostly freshman and sophomores as well, with one senior and one junior getting playing time. My take on it is Girls Basketball has just grown to be a certain style, either a team is really on or really off due to the style they play any more, there in no in-between it seems like. Girls Basketball has also got very agressive due to the refs letting more go on. So I can feel for your frustration GO, just think you led it in the wrong way. Congratulations to Rowan on their first step to a Region Title and congratulations to Boyd for playing hard the whole game.

I was not knocking either team at all. The game as UGLY! I was not speaking negatively about either team, just that it was a sloppy game with all the physical play, turnovers, etc. If this game had been played between East and West and there were 40+ turnovers and shooting percentages below 35%, it would still be ugly!

You read way too much into my post. I was, in no way, putting down the kids or the coaches. I am very good friends with both coaches and I am not, in any way, judging them or their teams. It was a sloppy game. I don't see the rudeness at all in that statement. Apparently you don't know me as well as you think you do.

Everyone knows you are a quality man and announcer. They were just voicing their Opinion after your voiced your Opinion. Everything is cool bro, just go back to be the great announcer that you are. Just give a big shout out to the Lady Vikings as they are holding the Trophy.

I believe that is why these two posted this, because they are surprised that they came from such a quality man and announcer, and quite honestly I am surprised myself. I also felt it was a little out of line towards the young ladies playing hard, irregardless of the result. Rowan did play some of their younger talent the majority of the game and from what the boyd county fan told me, that was sitting near me in the endzone, was that boyd is very young. I believe they are mostly freshman and sophomores as well, with one senior and one junior getting playing time. My take on it is Girls Basketball has just grown to be a certain style, either a team is really on or really off due to the style they play any more, there in no in-between it seems like. Girls Basketball has also got very agressive due to the refs letting more go on. So I can feel for your frustration GO, just think you led it in the wrong way. Congratulations to Rowan on their first step to a Region Title and congratulations to Boyd for playing hard the whole game.

I appreciate the kind words in your post. Again, I never intended to hurt anyone's feelings with my post. If anyone took offense, I apologize. I wasn't trying to degrade the teams or their effort. Anyone who really knows me knows that I am all about the kids. Again, I am sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way or was offended.

Everyone knows you are a quality man and announcer. They were just voicing their Opinion after your voiced your Opinion. Everything is cool bro, just go back to be the great announcer that you are. Just give a big shout out to the Lady Vikings as they are holding the Trophy.

Thanks again and if the Lady Vikings hold that trophy high, I will be the first one to shake Scott Tackett's hand and I suspect a big hug will be given as well. Scott and I are very close and he knows I wouldn't hurt his girls for anything.

Lil Devil Dad... I DO know GO and I didn't think I would read this kind of thread from him, but, he has apologized and I forgive him. but, I'm not sure what you mean when you say when Rowan plays it's going to be an ugly game.....:confused::confused:I hope it is meant as a compliment to these young ladies, their coaches, and the people who really know them and support them...If not then maybe you are sucking sour grapes!!!!!!

I am curious as well??????

GO, I knew what you were saying by "sloppy", and it was not directed at any one person. Just a general comment. But I am not so sure about ALBRIGHTS statements voiced about Russell on different threads ? I think there must be some dislike slithering out !!:laugh:

Lil Devil Dad... I DO know GO and I didn't think I would read this kind of thread from him, but, he has apologized and I forgive him. but, I'm not sure what you mean when you say when Rowan plays it's going to be an ugly game.....:confused::confused:I hope it is meant as a compliment to these young ladies, their coaches, and the people who really know them and support them...If not then maybe you are sucking sour grapes!!!!!!

Physical,hold, grab steal, different level, cake walk. All of those things describe a pretty good team . Pretty much Sounds like a compliment to me , not sour grapes !!:p