Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does Scotty Hopson end up?

Where does Hopson end up? 140 members have voted

  1. 1. Where does Hopson end up?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Don't be fooled. His mom is still setting up and having contact with coaches. It's far from against her wishes...

 

Uh oh. Is she a "Butch McRae" mom?

  • Replies 152
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh oh. Is she a "Butch McRae" mom?

I don't think so. She's just staying in contact mostly off the record...

Don't be fooled. His mom is still setting up and having contact with coaches. It's far from against her wishes...

 

I would agree...:thumb:

I would agree...:thumb:

 

It would be foolish to disagree... ;)

I don't think so. She's just staying in contact mostly off the record...

 

That house she got on Blue Chips was "off the record" too right?

 

Maybe she wants a tractor? :lol:

It would be foolish to disagree... ;)

 

:laugh:

That house she got on Blue Chips was "off the record" too right?

 

Maybe she wants a tractor? :lol:

Still way off base. I don't get the sense of "Blue Chips" type recruiting here. She is being smart about the process and doing it mostly out of the public eye. A lot of parents are quick with a quote, and she isn't in that group...

Still way off base. I don't get the sense of "Blue Chips" type recruiting here. She is being smart about the process and doing it mostly out of the public eye. A lot of parents are quick with a quote, and she isn't in that group...

 

I just always have questions when a mother is mentioned so often in the recruitment of her kid. Whether she makes statements or not, it seems like she is a focal point of what is going on.

  • Author

 

Recruiting gurus for Scout and Rivals are not going to get the best info on this recruitment because the family is tight-lipped and not actually divulging all information.

But you know something everyone else doesn't?

I just always have questions when a mother is mentioned so often in the recruitment of her kid. Whether she makes statements or not, it seems like she is a focal point of what is going on.

 

Scotty and his mom have always been very close and both have the same goals for Scotty. I have never got the impression that she was a crazy "prophet" mom or anything, I think it's more that she wants him to keep his eyes on his future prize. He has an incredible athletic gift from God and she does not want him to waste it. She does not want him to end up like other talented young black men from Hopkinsville, who for various reasons never played after high school. I don't know her personally, but she seems like an awesome mom from what I've observed.

It's a good way to take it off the kid's shoulders, and, I dunno, give him the best shot at a normal senior year. Kid isn't hounded 24/7, he isn't hearing promises from coaches, and he can concentrate on his play.

 

I'd do it.

As long as we dont run into another "prophet mom" I am all for it.

It's a good way to take it off the kid's shoulders, and, I dunno, give him the best shot at a normal senior year. Kid isn't hounded 24/7, he isn't hearing promises from coaches, and he can concentrate on his play.

 

I'd do it.

:thumb:

Scotty Hopson is going to Tennessee. My kid brother's girlfriend's cousin said he saw it on myspace. Maybe he's just going on vacation though, who knows.

He's going to Campbellsville University :sssh:

 

Wow. Wishful thinking is an understatement.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.