Jets DeWayne Robertson to Bengals (not going to happen at this time)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking this over I like this trade. I wasn't sure at first.

Yes, the JETS sucked stopping the run, but thats not all on him.

He's averaged 51 tackles a season as an interior DL and his sack totals have gone up all but one of his 5 yewars in the league.

He's already played 5 seasons and is only 26 years old!

I like it!

After looking this over I like this trade. I wasn't sure at first.

Yes, the JETS sucked stopping the run, but thats not all on him.

He's averaged 51 tackles a season as an interior DL and his sack totals have gone up all but one of his 5 yewars in the league.

He's already played 5 seasons and is only 26 years old!

I like it!

Me too...especially since the Bengals have some extra picks to play with...with some picks to burn so to speak, I think he's worth a 4 and a 5. I think it's a good trade for the Jets as well...they've never got what they wanted from Robertson, so they get rid of him and get a couple of picks. Hopefully, the big guy can make an impact for Cincy...at the least, he'd have to be an upgrade over what they've got right now.

I will say this, if the Bengals go to the 3-4, he will get mauled.

If they are sticking to a 4-3, he fits nicely. He is not a Warren Sapp type that gets you sacks from the 3 technique, so don't expect that. He is a guy that gives consistent effort and gets some penetration which then allows linebackers to do their thing. He will be good for Odell if he comes back.

I will say this, if the Bengals go to the 3-4, he will get mauled.

If they are sticking to a 4-3, he fits nicely. He is not a Warren Sapp type that gets you sacks from the 3 technique, so don't expect that. He is a guy that gives consistent effort and gets some penetration which then allows linebackers to do their thing. He will be good for Odell if he comes back.

I can live with a DT who at least does his job and holds up at the point of attack. But, it sure would be nice to have a guy like Albert Haynesworth...:D

I'm glad he's a Titan.