Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jets DeWayne Robertson to Bengals (not going to happen at this time)

Featured Replies

I don't thinkt this trade is done quite yet.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't thinkt this trade is done quite yet.

 

Do you see a hangup like the Rogers deal?

Just reported on Channel 27.

How many of these reports have been wrong this season? Not just the Bengals either.

 

What are these guys going off of?

How many of these reports have been wrong this season? Not just the Bengals either.

 

What are these guys going off of?

 

There are too many media outlets eager to be the first ones to get the info out, before checking to make sure it's legit.

 

Now, according to ESPN, an agreement has been made as long as a physical is passed, and a new contract is signed. I won't believe it until the Bengals announce it, and that doesn't mean when Hobson reports it on the website. I want to hear the press conference.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274297

I will say this, if the Bengals go to the 3-4, he will get mauled.

 

If they are sticking to a 4-3, he fits nicely. He is not a Warren Sapp type that gets you sacks from the 3 technique, so don't expect that. He is a guy that gives consistent effort and gets some penetration which then allows linebackers to do their thing. He will be good for Odell if he comes back.

 

He certainly likes the 4-3 better, but to so he will get mauled is exaggerating; his best numbers are from the NT position in the 3-4.

How many of these reports have been wrong this season? Not just the Bengals either.

 

What are these guys going off of?

 

It does seem like there are more erroneous reports this year then others.

AVG less than 3 sacks/year.. About 33 tackles Assist and solo / year. 6'1. High motor guy. Sounds eerily familiar to someone else. #91 is available.

 

He's never had fewer than 43 tackles in a season, and his 2 highest totals have come in the last 2 seasons; that is very good from a 3-4 NT.

He's never had fewer than 43 tackles in a season, and his 2 highest totals have come in the last 2 seasons; that is very good from a 3-4 NT.

 

I was looking at solos, sorry. I don't have a problem with him. He's an upgrade, not a savior.

It is as simple as this.. if the Bengals are in a 3-4 then this will set them back the way he set the Jets back. If they are in a 4-3 then this is a really solid pickup for the Bengals. He and Vilma were both playing out of position in NY and should prosper if they get back in a 4-3 where they belong. I hope they haven't sunk the money the Jets paid for him. This could be a really big pickup if they are going 4-3!

If I were the Bengals I would be tempted to find a way to trade up a few spots and go after Long to rush the QB. That would be a GREAT start at solidifying their defense some.

He certainly likes the 4-3 better, but to so he will get mauled is exaggerating; his best numbers are from the NT position in the 3-4.

 

Look at his numbers over the last 2 seasons for the Jets in the 3-4, especially his TFL numbers. He got mauled. Compare those to his numbers in Herm's cover 2 defense. It isn't close.

 

If D-Rob was so good in the 3-4, the Jets would not be taking a chance on Kris Jenkins. Even Dwayne says he is bad in a 3-4 and his skills fit a 4-3 much better.

I don't think that the Bengals are going to completely "base" in the 3-4 or 4-3... I think they will mix it up that much... Though I do agree that Robertson fits the 4-3 much better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.