Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 61 Georgia 55

Featured Replies

I love Patrick's work ethic, plus he is talented. I will agree somewhat on Randolph. He worked hard about 40% of the time as a Freshman, 60% of the time as a Sophomore, and IMHO, 90% of the time as a Junior.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah well, UK had a hard time feeding Morris too. That is because if Morris got it that meant that Crawford, Bradley, Sparks, ect.. couldn't shoot it and none of them wanted that.

 

With the way Billy B has gotten their attention and gotten them out of the spoiled brat race they were in under Tubby, the NIT wouldn't hurt my feelings. I never bashed Tubby, but seeing how hard these guys are now playing, and with the pride they are playing with, it's fun to watch UK basketball again. If you don't think that is a direct reflection of the coach, you are blinded by something else.

 

This was a typical UK game. I say they lose two more games in regular season, make it to the finals of SEC tournament where they lose an awesome game in the finals. Then when they are in the big dance, they are will be sweet again.

Yeah well, UK had a hard time feeding Morris too. That is because if Morris got it that meant that Crawford, Bradley, Sparks, ect.. couldn't shoot it and none of them wanted that.

 

With the way Billy B has gotten their attention and gotten them out of the spoiled brat race they were in under Tubby, the NIT wouldn't hurt my feelings. I never bashed Tubby, but seeing how hard these guys are now playing, and with the pride they are playing with, it's fun to watch UK basketball again. If you don't think that is a direct reflection of the coach, you are blinded by something else.

 

This was a typical UK game. I say they lose two more games in regular season, make it to the finals of SEC tournament where they lose an awesome game in the finals. Then when they are in the big dance, they are will be sweet again.

 

So UK is winning the same type of games as they were under Tubby, with the same types of scores. But somehow now it is fun to watch, and they are playing so much harder? I must say I just don't get that how people now think this. Its like watching the same type of style just about, except I think offensively we might have went down in scoring per game, but I dont know for sure about that.

Amazing how the injuries to Meeks and Jasper don't even factor in...

 

He lost two key players, or one and a half as you say, that is a fact. However, there is more to it than that...Meeks and Jasper have missed lot of time this season, and neither have been completely healthy. Call me crazy, but I think that probably made things a bit tougher on the coach. ;)

 

For much of the season, UK has played with no true PG and only three real scoring threats...Billy G should be ashamed. If he can't win 20+ with that, he needs to go back to Texas.

 

Oh I definitely factor them in. I mean in the game against Gardner Webb Meeks was playing. In the game against San Diego Jasper was playing and I think Meeks might have been but I dont know for sure. Not to mention those games were both at home. So for those two HORRIBLE loses which might be the reason why we might not make the tournament, we were for the most part healthy or close to it, and playing at home yet we still lose to horrible teams. Also you mention that much of the season why played with no true PG? So I guess that means you believe Bradley is not a true PG, which I agree he is not a TRUE pg, but when did they play with a true pg at all this season? I mean even with Jasper playing, Bradley has still been the one running the point.

 

I mean I was not actually trying to bash Billy G. in that post of mine you commented on. However he was acting like Billy G. has just done this amazing job since he has been here at UK, and I pointed out that is not true at all. An amazing job would have been taking over a terrible team and turning them into a tournament team this year, or turning just a tournament team into a final four contender. He has done neither this year. He has done an average/good job this year, no more no less.

That would only be one game sooner than the last two years.

 

But as we all have found out on here one game makes a HUGE difference. I mean so many times we were just ONE game away from the final four under Tubby, but that one game difference is something that people used all the time in wanting Tubby gone. So going by the standards people have on here, that ONE game you mention is a HUGE difference.

While it's obvious I have not been in the room, I've made it clear I have talked to people that have.

 

Once you are in, it plays a factor. If you are on the bubble, it does not. Those selections take up most of the final hours, and it's done on numbers listed on team sheets.

 

Mid major voices are still the majority in the selection process. I've been talking about it for years. Listen... ;)

 

Yeah I disagree with you. Neither one of us can prove either wrong so the argument is at a stand still.

If I have to listen to Jimmy Dykes tell me who UK's scorers and shooters are one more time, my head will explode.

 

When it comes to "pound your chest Dykes":rolleyes:, I four words to go by......Radio broadcast, mute t.v..

I would rather live with the slight (1sec.) delay than to listen to J.D..

It has nothing to do with the selection process. I have interviewed several major names in the process, and from what I know about what happens in that room it's a zero factor.

 

 

It has nothing to do with what goes on in the Selection Room. That's one of the few things I'm sure of...

 

While it's obvious I have not been in the room, I've made it clear I have talked to people that have.

 

Once you are in, it plays a factor. If you are on the bubble, it does not. Those selections take up most of the final hours, and it's done on numbers listed on team sheets.

 

Mid major voices are still the majority in the selection process. I've been talking about it for years. Listen... ;)

 

Yes but did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? :D

I forgot all about your sources!!:rolleyes: Maybe I should have just marked it down.;)

Money is and always will be a factor in anything the NCAA has a hand in whether it be on the gridiron or the hardwood.

 

 

 

I know of nothing, I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that isn't influenced by money. I doubt the NCAA is an exception.

Yes but did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? :D

 

No need... :p :lol:

Patterson works three times harder than Randolph. Morris would be tired just thinking about working that hard.

 

I 100% agree, Morris could have been an absolute force/animal down low and was just too dang lazy. He played when he wanted to.

But as we all have found out on here one game makes a HUGE difference. I mean so many times we were just ONE game away from the final four under Tubby, but that one game difference is something that people used all the time in wanting Tubby gone. So going by the standards people have on here, that ONE game you mention is a HUGE difference.

 

You never heard me complain about getting beat in the elite eight, second round is a different story. If you can't see this team is playing harder than it did for Tubby then I don't know what to say. Tubby's last two years we lost far more games in the last five minutes than we won, and that is when this team pulls them out. I do agree the San Diego and Gardner Webb losses are two we should've never lost.

No need... :p :lol:

 

:scared:

 

Even you ain't that smart...

 

...are you? :D

I know of nothing, I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that isn't influenced by money. I doubt the NCAA is an exception.

 

:thumb: 100% correct!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.