Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 61 Georgia 55

Featured Replies

I would love to see a nice U of L/UK first or second round NCAA game.

 

But if UK were to lose twice to the Cards in the same season, would Kentucky fans ever hear the end of it? Or vice versa? I know if those two met in the NCAA tournament, this board would be A LOT of fun to read. :lol:

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if UK were to lose twice to the Cards in the same season, would Kentucky fans ever hear the end of it? Or vice versa? I know if those two met in the NCAA tournament, this board would be A LOT of fun to read. :lol:

 

I wouldn't want to play UK in the NCAA first round. Talk about a tough 10-12 seed.

I would love to see a nice U of L/UK first or second round NCAA game.

 

 

Why would you want to see UK lose in the first round if they were to make the tournament?

Why would you want to see UK lose in the first round if they were to make the tournament?

 

If they are one of the last 4 teams to make the field, they won't be expected to last long anyways.

Good, tough win for the Wildcats. Dennis Felton's teams have always been tough mentally and physically.

Why would you want to see UK lose in the first round if they were to make the tournament?

 

That would only be one game sooner than the last two years.

Was Georgia getting in with a 16-14 record in 2001 based on a fan following?

 

Show me one team that got in without merit based on following, and I'll listen.

 

It has nothing to do with what goes on in the Selection Room. That's one of the few things I'm sure of...

 

 

GT is right. Fan following has nothing to do with getting in. Not so sure it does not factor slightly into placement once in the field, but a non starter when it comes to getting in the dance.

 

The reason Georgia got in that year is they had the number one SOS if I am not mistaken and I think they were in the top 30 in the RPI even with 14 losses.

Another good job by the Cats to hold on to win. I agree if they lose only 4 SEC games then they might be in. The San Diego, Gardner Webb and Vandy losses are going to hurt them though.

I'll take the win, they got the job done. Joe and PP step up pretty big tonight.

One step closer.

Interesting little stat they brought up during the game. No 10 confrence win SEC team since '92 has been excluded from the tourney. Except GA when they had the trouble with the suspensions.

 

I thought it was 11 wins...

I would love to see a nice U of L/UK first or second round NCAA game.

 

No you wouldn't....;)

Well I wouldn't go that far with it. I mean he took over a tournament team from last year that only lost really 1 and a half key players from last year. They lost Morris and Perry who showed up half the time. So he really took over a team tournament team from last year, and should be a tournament this year. So its not like he took over a terrible team and has them starting to become a good team. He took over a team that got worst under him, and are now starting to get back to that type of tournament team we had last year. So yeah I give him credit for now getting the players to buy into his system. But you make it sound like he has just done an amazing job, and made a terrible team into a potential tournament team. When he took over a team that should be a tournament team anyways.

 

However I will say I am very glad that he is starting to get this team to slowly start playing the way they are capable of. Because for awhile there I almost gave up any hope of making the tournament this year, but now I can hold out a little hope. :thumb:

 

Amazing how the injuries to Meeks and Jasper don't even factor in...

 

He lost two key players, or one and a half as you say, that is a fact. However, there is more to it than that...Meeks and Jasper have missed lot of time this season, and neither have been completely healthy. Call me crazy, but I think that probably made things a bit tougher on the coach. ;)

 

For much of the season, UK has played with no true PG and only three real scoring threats...Billy G should be ashamed. If he can't win 20+ with that, he needs to go back to Texas.

No you wouldn't....;)

 

Yes I would.

Did anyone hear Dykes say UK hadn't played with a low post presence for the last couple of seasons and didn't know how to pass the ball to a player like Patterson?

 

Hello.

 

Say what you want about Morris, but he was definitly a low-post presence.

 

But not like Patterson.

Well...The Cat bashing has let up somewhat !! Good win anyway !! 12-4 gets them in , but their next lose brings out the bashers .....for sure !! HOW BOUT THOSE CATS !! :thumb:

Patterson works three times harder than Randolph. Morris would be tired just thinking about working that hard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.