February 21, 200818 yr You never heard me complain about getting beat in the elite eight, second round is a different story. If you can't see this team is playing harder than it did for Tubby then I don't know what to say. Tubby's last two years we lost far more games in the last five minutes than we won, and that is when this team pulls them out. I do agree the San Diego and Gardner Webb losses are two we should've never lost. See this don't make much sense to me then. If we are playing so much harder now like you all say. You would think that we would be doing better, and putting up more points and being better defensively. Yet however if you look at the numbers we are doing right around the same things as we always do. So if the team wasn't playing as hard under Tubby, but still putting up the same numbers as they have been under Billy G, and not losing to horrible teams. Does that mean then that the often critized Tubby's system is better than Billy G's? Because I mean if they weren't playing as hard under Tubby, but still able to put up the same numbers, then there has to be something else to it. I think some of you all need to realize that Crawford and Bradley are now seniors, and know their time is about up. So of coarse now like most seniors they are going to play harder than they ever have. Also as for the whole team playing harder, was you all saying that earlier in the year when we won like 3 out of 10 games I believe? This team since the beginning of January are playing for their tournament lives. So they are going to play A LOT harder, because they have no room for error because of how bad they started off this year. Also having someone like Patterson, who never stops playing hard, will make any team look like they are playing very hard. Under Tubby even the last two years, we knew we was going to probably make the tournament. We had no horrible losses and good RPI ratings. So they didn't have the sense or urgency that this team has had for the last month and a half. I know it seems like I not giving Billy G any credit, however I just think some of you all have been giving him WAY TO MUCH credit. Billy G to this point in time has done an average to slightly good job here at UK, its no more, no less...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.