February 20, 200818 yr This was another big win for UK, just like all the games. I think its pretty amazing what Gillispie has done. He has 3 players who can score. UK rarely gets any scoring from the 3 and 4 spots and from the bench unless Meeks plays. Bradley and Crawford have improved and become consistent. I really just can't say enough about the job he has done bringing this team so far from where it started!
February 20, 200818 yr I forgot all about your sources!! Maybe I should have just marked it down. Money is and always will be a factor in anything the NCAA has a hand in whether it be on the gridiron or the hardwood. Mark it down jokes are to be directed at 98. But thanks for playing. The NCAA doesn't control the Bowl system, the school Presidents do, and it's as dirty as it gets. Traveling base is a non factor in selection, but it does play a role in seeding and location. UK can get in on merit, and merit alone. Once they do land in the field, the rest comes in to play. Roll your eyes at my sources all day long. But do so knowing most have learned not to go there...
February 20, 200818 yr This was another big win for UK, just like all the games. I think its pretty amazing what Gillispie has done. He has 3 players who can score. UK rarely gets any scoring from the 3 and 4 spots and from the bench unless Meeks plays. Bradley and Crawford have improved and become consistent. I really just can't say enough about the job he has done bringing this team so far from where it started! Well I wouldn't go that far with it. I mean he took over a tournament team from last year that only lost really 1 and a half key players from last year. They lost Morris and Perry who showed up half the time. So he really took over a team tournament team from last year, and should be a tournament this year. So its not like he took over a terrible team and has them starting to become a good team. He took over a team that got worst under him, and are now starting to get back to that type of tournament team we had last year. So yeah I give him credit for now getting the players to buy into his system. But you make it sound like he has just done an amazing job, and made a terrible team into a potential tournament team. When he took over a team that should be a tournament team anyways. However I will say I am very glad that he is starting to get this team to slowly start playing the way they are capable of. Because for awhile there I almost gave up any hope of making the tournament this year, but now I can hold out a little hope. :thumb:
February 20, 200818 yr Mark it down jokes are to be directed at 98. But thanks for playing. The NCAA doesn't control the Bowl system, the school Presidents do, and it's as dirty as it gets. Traveling base is a non factor in selection, but it does play a role in seeding and location. UK can get in on merit, and merit alone. Once they do land in the field, the rest comes in to play. Roll your eyes at my sources all day long. But do so knowing most have learned not to go there... I made a post with my opinion just as you did. It may be wrong but it is my opinion. I won't role eyes all day, only when I determine they are fitting to a post, not to an individual.
February 20, 200818 yr Mark it down jokes are to be directed at 98. But thanks for playing. The NCAA doesn't control the Bowl system, the school Presidents do, and it's as dirty as it gets. Traveling base is a non factor in selection, but it does play a role in seeding and location. UK can get in on merit, and merit alone. Once they do land in the field, the rest comes in to play. Roll your eyes at my sources all day long. But do so knowing most have learned not to go there... So lets say that UK's large following and program status does effect whether or not a team like UK gets into the tournament. The commitee still could not admit that it does. They aren't going to say, when asked why a team like UK got in that UK just has more tradition and a better following. I do believe it plays a role and if UK is close they will get in IMO, fair or unfair. I remember a few years back UNC got into the NCAA tourney with 14 losses I believe and they didn't win the conference tourney. I think it definitly helps being who you are in some situations.
February 20, 200818 yr Good win tonight! However we REALLY NEED MEEKS playing though here soon. We are coming into a really tough stretch of games, and are going to need to be scoring more and we just don't have enough scorers without Meeks. We have done a good job beating the lower tier teams in the SEC without Meeks. However if we want to beat some of the better teams in the SEC we have to have him. We seen how we did at Vandy without him really. Then I believe in the win against Vandy he played, and I know he played in the game against UT. So that shows if we want to beat the better teams in the SEC we have to have Meeks, because low scoring games like this wont get it done against some better teams.
February 20, 200818 yr Did anyone hear Dykes say UK hadn't played with a low post presence for the last couple of seasons and didn't know how to pass the ball to a player like Patterson? Hello. Say what you want about Morris, but he was definitly a low-post presence.
February 20, 200818 yr So lets say that UK's large following and program status does effect whether or not a team like UK gets into the tournament. The commitee still could not admit that it does. They aren't going to say, when asked why a team like UK got in that UK just has more tradition and a better following. I do believe it plays a role and if UK is close they will get in IMO, fair or unfair. I remember a few years back UNC got into the NCAA tourney with 14 losses I believe and they didn't win the conference tourney. I think it definitly helps being who you are in some situations. Was Georgia getting in with a 16-14 record in 2001 based on a fan following? Show me one team that got in without merit based on following, and I'll listen. It has nothing to do with what goes on in the Selection Room. That's one of the few things I'm sure of...
February 20, 200818 yr Was Georgia getting in with a 16-14 record in 2001 based on a fan following? Show me one team that got in without merit based on following, and I'll listen. It has nothing to do with what goes on in the Selection Room. That's one of the few things I'm sure of... There was obviously a reason why Georgia got in, but I could not tell you. So have you been in the room? Have you heard what they talk about? To say that fanbase and tradition definitly does not play a factor seems awfully nieve to me.
February 20, 200818 yr Was Georgia getting in with a 16-14 record in 2001 based on a fan following? Show me one team that got in without merit based on following, and I'll listen. It has nothing to do with what goes on in the Selection Room. That's one of the few things I'm sure of... What do you think UK has to do the rest of the year to get into the NCAA tournament? Or do you think the only shot would be winning the SEC tournament? I know I don't know what to think at the moment, because the RPI is not that good, and we have a couple of really bad losses. So IMO I think UK has to get close to being in the top 50 in RPI to make it to the NCAA tournament.
February 20, 200818 yr Well I wouldn't go that far with it. I mean he took over a tournament team from last year that only lost really 1 and a half key players from last year. They lost Morris and Perry who showed up half the time. So he really took over a team tournament team from last year, and should be a tournament this year. So its not like he took over a terrible team and has them starting to become a good team. He took over a team that got worst under him, and are now starting to get back to that type of tournament team we had last year. So yeah I give him credit for now getting the players to buy into his system. But you make it sound like he has just done an amazing job, and made a terrible team into a potential tournament team. When he took over a team that should be a tournament team anyways. However I will say I am very glad that he is starting to get this team to slowly start playing the way they are capable of. Because for awhile there I almost gave up any hope of making the tournament this year, but now I can hold out a little hope. :thumb: Very good post and comments here fc, I agree with everything that you said in this one. :thumb:
February 20, 200818 yr To say that fanbase and tradition definitly does not play a factor seems awfully nieve to me. This is hilarious...:lol: :lol: :lol:
February 20, 200818 yr There was obviously a reason why Georgia got in, but I could not tell you. So have you been in the room? Have you heard what they talk about? To say that fanbase and tradition definitly does not play a factor seems awfully nieve to me. While it's obvious I have not been in the room, I've made it clear I have talked to people that have. Once you are in, it plays a factor. If you are on the bubble, it does not. Those selections take up most of the final hours, and it's done on numbers listed on team sheets. Mid major voices are still the majority in the selection process. I've been talking about it for years. Listen...
February 20, 200818 yr 67 Texas Tech 12-11 68 Seton Hall 15-11 69 Nevada 16-9 70 Kentucky 14-10 71 Creighton 17-8 72 Arizona St. 16-8 73 California 15-9 74 San Diego St. 16-9 75 UAB 17-8 76 Cincinnati 12-12 Kentucky has Arkansas, Mississippi, Florida at home and South Carolina, Tennessee on the road. If they can come out of that 4-1. Then win a game in the SEC tournament, they are in. Two wins in the tournament and they would be a lock I think.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.